Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Help me solve my awful vibration!

Glad that worked out! Get on Craigslist and a find a set of 16" alloys and be done with it! Don't forget the flange type lug nuts.
    2012 Tacoma 4x4 6spd TRD, e-locker, LT265/75R16E Michelin LTX A/T2s, Stubbs HD-SKOs
    2003 Taco-was K.I.A. 4/31/12-RIP

At least ya found the issue. Easier to solve than mine was lol..
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

Still have my lug nuts from my stock set. I'm looking for some from a 4th gen or fjc.

Also wondering about lug centric vs hub centric. Wheels I have now are lug centric (acorn type lugs). I'm just not sure it would make a difference since I always torqued them properly.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

That lug/hub centric thing has been debated for years. Are you using wheel spacers? if so, which ones? Do they have a flange on them or are they completely flat where the studs protrude? I have a set of All-pro spacers from my old Tacoma that I took off because they were causing vibration. They are hub-centric (no flange) and the wheels were supposedly lug-centric. I installed longer studs up front and put the SpiderTrax in. That fixed the vibration I was having. I'm scared to put spacers on now because of all the bearing issues I've heard of with 2nd gen Tacomas being very sensitive to that stuff.

Which FJC wheels are you looking at? Get the Anthracite ones!
    2012 Tacoma 4x4 6spd TRD, e-locker, LT265/75R16E Michelin LTX A/T2s, Stubbs HD-SKOs
    2003 Taco-was K.I.A. 4/31/12-RIP

Glad you guys got it figured it! Some OEM alloys would look really nice on your truck. I'm using 3/4" hub centric spacers on mine and don't have any vibrations.

Hey cool! Been busy at work but glad that you figured everything out as well. At least it was something simple

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
    98 3rz 4x4 5spd- Monstalined, 99 Talls, 4.30 E-locker, Extra Lights
    In Progress:
    Tundra/Rear Disc Brakes w/parking brake
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

Glad you got it figured out! Keep your eyes peeled on craigslist, there are deals to be had, I got my 5 stars, Ivan Stewarts, and LC rims for 100 each....

No spacers, although I will have to get some to clear the UCA with the 285s. Either that or get some aftermarket UCAs. I think that might be the better option.

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Sean, I love my AllPro Upper A-arms.
    I know you do more expedition style wheeling but the flex out of the all-pros is awesome, and it does wonders to help bring alignment back into spec.
    Those pair with my adjustable coilovers gives the truck nice road manners as well.

500 is pretty steep for me right now, especially after whatever the wheels cost me. I might just shave my current ones.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast