Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Help me solve my awful vibration!

Yeah, I was lucky enough to get mine off a bud who Tacoma got bought back, I'm sure if you keep your eyes peeled something will show up.

If I can find a used set, I will pick those up. Otherwise, I might try to find a donor set of upper arms to swap in while I mod mine (the bushings are only 5 or so years old in mine)
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

http://stockton.craigslist.org/pts/4572389467.html

Found some Sequoia wheels for sale on cl. I like the look of them and they are 7.5" wide rather than the Tacoma/4Runner wheel width of 7".

I love those wheels, but they are 17's though I don't have the cash for new tires, so I will be pulling my set of 285/75r16s to a new set of wheels. If the vibe comes back I will start the process of elimination to find the bad tire(s) and replace accordingly. Wish it was in the cards but it's not.

What spacers do you have? Looks like spidertrax and allpro are out of stock of the hub centric spacers.

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

There are snowflakes for sale in the area too. They look pretty decent on a 4runner imo. Also they are 16". I can't remember if they clear the tbu though.

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/pts/4568510643.html
    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
    98 3rz 4x4 5spd- Monstalined, 99 Talls, 4.30 E-locker, Extra Lights
    In Progress:
    Tundra/Rear Disc Brakes w/parking brake
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

Wheels secured. Spacers on their way. Next will be mounting and balancing, alignment, and then I might paint them, we'll see.

woohoo!! Glad its all done with. Are you going to try the bead balancing this time?

I am going to see if they balance out on the machine ok. Only reason I went to the beads was an attempt to solve the vibration (and to keep me from having to go to get them rebalanced every time I lose a weight). I think since the vibration was side to side, there was never any chance of balancing it out. Also explains some of the alignments I got in the past...

Wheel spacers (spidertrax) are on and the truck is currently having the tires swapped. I'll report back probably Monday afternoon on the results after I get to drive it on the freeway.

I only did spacers on the front. I will eventually do them on the rear to match. I will also be doing an alignment very soon.

So my vibration is officially gone. I still have a little bit but I will chock that up to offroad tires and some other factors. It is 99% improved.

Pulled the wheels today and checked the wheel spacers. They were still tight. I would like a couple more exposed threads on the lugs, but they are fine.

I'll toss up pictures when I get a chance. I am really happy with this setup now, and now I can focus on some other issues that need tending to, like the front struts and alignment. . (I'd like to have those replaced by Pismo).

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast