Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Missing coolant (aka, well crap...)

Quote Originally Posted by slomatt View Post
    I took the 4Runner on a ~250mi trip this weekend and it did fine, no apparent coolant loss. My guess is I have a very slow leak on the water pump so I'll keep an eye on the coolant level until I change out the timing belt and the water pump.

Later this year we're taking the truck on a week long trip around Oregon so I've got some other preventive maintenance to do for that trip. LBJs (already bought), O2 sensors, and engine/trans/diff fluids. I might also look into swapping out the clutch because I'd like to not have to deal with the heavy clutch issue for an entire week.

- Matt
    Where are you heading in OR? We'll be in Shasta, Bend, Crater Lake area and all the dirt trails in between in late July and early August. On the way home we're heading through Crescent City/Smith River before cutting over to Redding.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood4x4 View Post
    I used to go to autotron in Pleasanton. They offered to evacuate my R12 while I worked on my AC over the weekend, then they ended up adding some more for free.
    Thanks Steve, I'll check them out.
    2000 4Runner Sport / 4x4 / 5spd / E-locker / SS 1.2 / 265x75x16 Bighorns / ARB Prado / HD-SKO

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234