Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Projector headlights for 3rd gen

I think that is a great idea. Buy the TYC replacements for the glass only, and swap them over to Toyota housings, along with the TRS stage 3 kit.

I do plan on pulling mine apart soon and shimming them to better align them to the housing.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

I've been waiting for something like this to come out for years. Even these lights make the front end look so much more modern.....more Range Rover and less 90s Ford Explorer looking.

And the more non-DOT stuff I add to my truck, the better it gets, haha. I don't think we would have a problem running these, as long as you didn't run 6000K+ bulbs or possibly halos.

Unless your car just screams non legal mods, I don't see you getting harassed for it. The EagleEye tail lights we have are DOT approved. My turn signals are DOT approved (but the strobes are questionable).

I agree with the 90's Explorer doppelganger-ness. Especially the 96-98 with the foggy headlights. The 99+ classes it up a bit, at least for me.

Hopefully they come to this country and are decently priced. I think I would pay 300 for the pair, but not much more than that. I've got 400 in my projector swap including the replacement housings.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

I have a few projectors laying around I can hook you guys up with.
    97 4runner Limited<br />2wd---&gt;4wd Conversion

Quote Originally Posted by iceman601 View Post
    I have a few projectors laying around I can hook you guys up with.
    Which projectors do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by paddlenbike View Post
    Which projectors do you have?
    A complete set off a 2012 BMW M3 E92 Bi-Xenon projectors with bulbs and ballast and a pair of projectors off a 2014 Honda Accord.

Here are some sample pics of how the E92 projectors look like.

Cutoff beam

High beam

Projector lens

=D

Overall

I'll have to dig around for some pics of the 2014 Accord ones.
    97 4runner Limited<br />2wd---&gt;4wd Conversion

I definitely put this on the list of to do but the next purchase of this magnitude I get is a welder. I have 3 sets of harnesses to make anyway for my led lights lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk
    98 3rz 4x4 5spd- Monstalined, 99 Talls, 4.30 E-locker, Extra Lights
    In Progress:
    Tundra/Rear Disc Brakes w/parking brake
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

I found what this guy did kind of interesting. No idea how bad he had to hack up the front but it is an idea.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...0597613&type=1
    98 3rz 4x4 5spd- Monstalined, 99 Talls, 4.30 E-locker, Extra Lights
    In Progress:
    Tundra/Rear Disc Brakes w/parking brake
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

Quote Originally Posted by paddlenbike View Post
    Currently they may only be available on a Russian site HERE, but someone is working on importing them for re-sale. The pics I posted above are from a U.S. 4Runner owner.

The back of it looks very mod-able
    Really no need to modify the back with morimoto minis. You'll see the mini is really the only diameter and length projector that fits. Lots of details in my thread on the other site.

Randomly saw my pics up hers while looking for something else.

Been running my set up for a few months. Last road trip was nice and bright.

Pm/email if you have questions... I'm not on here much
    Last edited by Brilliant; 07-21-2014 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brilliant View Post
    Pm/email if you have questions... I'm not on here much
    Maybe we can change that. Welcome to the forum Brilliant!

Are the lenses glass or plastic? I'm happy to hear you like them, I might have to pick up a set.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast