Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Donaldson Top Spin

Its right at 3.25". I just happened to have one laying around. Battlewagon picked up one that wasnt broken and I fixed the old one lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk
    98 3rz 4x4 5spd- Monstalined, 99 Talls, 4.30 E-locker, Extra Lights
    In Progress:
    Tundra/Rear Disc Brakes w/parking brake
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

Nice thanks! I wonder how stretchable the silicone hoses are? I can't find a 3.25 to 3.00 elbow. They only have 3.5 to 3.0

Rubber would probably stretch to accommodate 3.25 with a little bit o lube. Silicone probably could but I think the plastic would end up flexing more.

Maybe using silicone as a lubricant would work. Then at least you wouldnt have to worry about the seal.

In Progress:
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

No idea why my phone quoted what I just posted....and they call them smartphones.....ha!

However this is what is useful. Amazon has spectre performance. I used a couple of pieces in my intake and they seem to be of decent quality. Just make sure you're getting aluminum and not abs plastic. They do silicone as well as rubber adapters in all kinds of bends too.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss...ce%2Caps%2C212

You have to dig for it but the parts are in there.

Last edited by Kryptoroxx; 06-02-2014 at 09:04 PM.
    In Progress:
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

I see some 3.35 to 3.0 elbows now. I may not know what the heck im talking about but I figured the silicone will last longer. Granted that may be silly since I am using rubber all over that truck from 1996 without much problems lol.
    are you looking at doing this soon? I wont be able to even think of it for another two months. That topspin looks to be about a $65 dollar filter. I figure my filter change freq will be cut in half so its not a bad over all hit.

I'm in about the same boat as you are. I dd my ride so I have to get all the parts on hand before I do anything. I will probably start collecting parts in august unless all of my stuff on ebay sells lol. There are a lot of projects in line before I get to the snorkel.

Re-gear
    E-locker Retrofit
    Rear Disc Conversion
    Led light mounting & wiring
    Fog light mounting & wiring
    Inverter install (little 150w)
    Poly suspension & steering bushings
    Parking Brake puzzle

The top spin will reduce the amount of filter changes I'm sure. We could drive around in Afghanieland for 3 months not even looking at the filter and while there would be dirt on the filter but it wasn't horrible. If it can deal with the moondust out there I'm sure it will help us out immensely even if it's only used on the trails.
    In Progress:
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234