Thread: New here

New here

Whats up guys im new here and im from el paso texas. I drive a t100 sr5 ext cab 4x4 amazing machine till i blew my head gaskets. So i came here to do some research

Welcome to the forum! Sadly I can't help much as I have the 4cyl instead of the 6cyl but the experienced 3.4L members here are very knowledgeable. Enjoy and I hope you find the answers you're looking for.
    98 3rz 4x4 5spd- Monstalined, 99 Talls, 4.30 E-locker, Extra Lights
    In Progress:
    Tundra/Rear Disc Brakes w/parking brake
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

Welcome to the forum. Sorry, I can't help you out on your head gasket, I have not had that problem yet with my 5VZ.(knock on wood) Fortunately, many of the senior members are knowledgable, just as Krypto said. You could try posting your question in the Tacoma/3rd gen 4runner area as well. Hope you enjoy the forum, and again, welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current: 97 4runner Sr5, 5spd, 4wd... Awaiting wife's approval to start wrenching

Past: 88 Grand Wagoneer AMC 360, 4wd R.I.P.

Welcome to UY. You will find a fantastic member base here with an awesome amount of combined knowledge.
    We have several members who are ASE techs, a couple of Toyota Specific Techs, maybe even a master toyota tech, and a ton of us spend more time wrenching in our garages than is healthy for our marriages, haha.

Try postin in the tech section for your truck and Im sure you will get all the answers you need.
    Looks for CJM he is a virtual expert on T100 now, axles at least.
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

Welcome!

Does your T100 have the 3.0 or the 3.4? I'm guessing a 3.0 since you blew the head gasket, but the 3.4 can do that too (much, much less common though).
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

Welcome!

I vote a head inspection and if they are in good shape, get them machined.
    Use OEM gaskets. They might cost more, but the quality is worth it.
    Use OEM Toyota pink coolant.

Toyota, despite some flaws, knew what they were doing when they designed these vehicles. The 3VZ head gasket issues are well documented, but the newer gaskets seem to help a bit. Some early 5VZ engines also had problems that were corrected in 97 or so.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.