Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Inyo mountains 20140912-14

Doesn't look like we will need too much extra fuel, correct?

I'm excited! Tonight is packing up camping gear and doing some truck maintenance
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

I just realized today that I needed to look at that. Off the top of my head I'd be surprised if extra fuel is needed, but I don't like to be anywhere without 5 gallons extra these days. I'll double check the route milage when I get home. There is fuel in olancha I believe.

I'll toss 5 gallons on just in case. I don't think 10 is needed. Mileage looked around 130, but you know the route better.

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Packed up, fueled up and on my way from Vegas! Going to stop in Pahrump for the night, do some shopping in the morning and head out. I'll do some exploring then see you guys at Nelson cabin in 2 days.

Just an FYI. Pretty large solar flare /CME today expected to hit Friday. This will interrupt GPS and possibly our ham radios. Be safe out there.

Pulled in at 130. Camp has pretty good cell service.

Gnight

I know this is a bit far out for legitimate planning but I really wanted to go on this last year and couldn't because of work. Any chance there will be a repeat or similar run?
    98 3rz 4x4 5spd- Monstalined, 99 Talls, 4.30 E-locker, Extra Lights
    In Progress:
    Tundra/Rear Disc Brakes w/parking brake
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

northern death valley would be up next, but I am suck at edwards for quite a dew months. I would expect the next trip will end up being the white mountains or coyote flats again

Sounds good. I was just thinking about inyo.....and the awesome photos from it. Looked like a cool trip.
    98 3rz 4x4 5spd- Monstalined, 99 Talls, 4.30 E-locker, Extra Lights
    In Progress:
    Tundra/Rear Disc Brakes w/parking brake
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

it was good, but there is not much terrain up there. Coyote flats will be closed soon, so its time to get back there. and try the northern trail.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456