Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Inyo mountains 20140912-14

Bummer. Won't be long until she's gonna demand to go along when ever she sees you pack the truck

Yeah, soon enough! At least on trips when Sean brings enough midnight snacks....

What's our weather looking like out there? Hot? wind? etc?
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

We're still a ways out, but the forecast for Lone Pine is highs of high 80's/low 90's, lows of low 60's. Sunny, no wind

Thanks. I just got to looking at the track last night. Didn't realize it was so close to lone pine.

Can't wait!

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Yeah, it's just up (and over) the hill from there. Pretty stoked for this trip!

Getting ready this weekend is pretty difficult. Sick with something that is kicking my butt! Yesterday it was over 100, today isn't much better. Add the 25% humidity with it, and it's difficult to do anything outside.

Fixed my passenger headlight (finally, it's only been broken for months) and I'm going to attempt to install the sleeping platform and rustle up my camping gear. Bleh.

Troy, have you managed to contact the caretaker of Cerro Gordo? Hitting the store later today (and probably Thursday) and would like to pick up some stuff for him.

I'll remember to call him this week. Battling limit straps today. The location for total axle droop allow too much articulation and sends one shock into the frame. Its way too much flex anyhow. Out in cougar buttes and the hammers when Jason first started strapped his axle we learned that excessive rear flex leads to instability in lots of real world wheeling. Now I have to figure out a new mounting point...

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz View Post
    Getting ready this weekend is pretty difficult. Sick with something that is kicking my butt! Yesterday it was over 100, today isn't much better. Add the 25% humidity with it, and it's difficult to do anything outside.

Fixed my passenger headlight (finally, it's only been broken for months) and I'm going to attempt to install the sleeping platform and rustle up my camping gear. Bleh.

Troy, have you managed to contact the caretaker of Cerro Gordo? Hitting the store later today (and probably Thursday) and would like to pick up some stuff for him.
    Yeah that humidity and the cold sucks! I was doing my elocker this weekend with the exact same situation. I'm finally feeling good today but I didn't get to the front diff swap. Guess that will have to wait till next weekend or the weekend after.
    98 3rz 4x4 5spd- Monstalined, 99 Talls, 4.30 E-locker, Extra Lights
    In Progress:
    Tundra/Rear Disc Brakes w/parking brake
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast