Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Northern Death Valley 20141010-12

Cool. Should be a good time. Sounds like some cool sights and some semi-challenging, fun terrain.

man I cant seem to catch a break... I picked up my mail and I now have jury duty starting the 20th. That makes leaving on the 24th up in the air and I have no way of knowing until the 20th. Sorry for any inconvenience...My life is hectic these days for one reason or another.

Man, that sucks! What bad luck!
    I'm not sure if I'll be able to get out there the first night or not, and I won't figure that out till closer as well.

Looks like Steele Pass is in bad shape. If this trip is still happening, we'll need to monitor its condition here and elsewhere: forum.salinepreservation.org/post/steele-pass-6700264?trail=30 See post #23

Great....Has anyone taken days off for this trip? Things are staking against the dates :/

I'm taking this week off and then another 2 days in the end of the month, so my plan was to meet you guys at the mine late Friday night, rather than taking that day off.
    Honestly, that's the best weekend for me till the second week of December, but I agree, it's not looking good. I'm still going to try to make it if the trip is still on that weekend.
    Sounds like it might just be you and me that weekend though!

Oh it keeps getting better. I found out last night that I have to work the night of the 24th. I set up my whole overtime schedule to make sure I had that day off, but in addition to the overtime I will already be doing...I will be working that day too. I'll email them sunday night and see if I can get out of it, but that will put the nail in the coffin for me. As is I would be leaving death valley on sunday to do to work 3rd shift.

I still want to make this one, but I am glad to hear you didnt take time off for it. The canyon sounds crappy. I am sure we could make it but its going to chew into our weekend.

We could just call it and do a quick Bear day or overnight trip, if there's no snow on the ground, and save the northern Death Valley for when we have time to do it right.

I think that would be best at this point. Death valley season is just starting.

I'll be back to day shift in november but 6 day work weeks are about to happen so I'm not sure when I will be able to make it.

Ok, let me know if you want to plan a day trip or even a short overnighter.
    With the amount of work I have to do on my house, a quick day of some rock bashing might be best.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast