Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Quick Cleghorn run

It turns out the copper tube inside the diff split open somehow. No idea how that could have happened - too much pressure? I'm guessing it was just a defect in the metal. Anyway, rather than wait around for a new part, the mechanic had it repaired with a new sleeve and some solder. Hopefully that holds!

I hope so too. If all shit breaks loose we can pull that third and fix it in a afternoon I'd guess. It'll suck lol, but its doable.

Is it possible to get a warranty replacement of the copper piece? Or to buy a second to have as a spare? A replacement might be handy to throw in the parts bag just in case. Or to have on hand for that random day you have the 3rd out.

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4mike View Post
    Is it possible to get a warranty replacement of the copper piece? Or to buy a second to have as a spare? A replacement might be handy to throw in the parts bag just in case. Or to have on hand for that random day you have the 3rd out.
    Very good idea. In talking with the mechanic, ARB typically wants the broken part before sending out a warrantee. Neither he nor I wanted my truck up on his lift for 2 weeks though, so a quick fix it was.
    Buying a replacement part isn't a bad idea though, although a similar failure won't disable the truck. I'd probably prefer to go back to careful line choice and reliance on ATRAC then an on-trail tear down.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123