It's been a long time coming for this mod to happen. Been wanting to add solar panels on the Land Cruiser and just didn't have the time to research it enough but finally pulled the plug last week and parts are finally starting to trickle in.

Parts that I sourced:

Grape Solar GS-Star-100W Polycrystallline Solar Panel (100-watt) $134.99 via Amazon Prime
MorningStar ProStar PS-30M Solar Battery Charge Controller, 30A 12/24V $179.00 via Amazon Prime

I did consider the Grape Solar PhotoFelx-100W Monocrystalline Solar Panel but at $298.00 via Amazon Prime was a bit too much for my budget so I decided to go with the non-flex version. Depending on how this all works out I might try out the PhotoFlex one for the 4runner. Not in a rush on even starting to do anything on the 4runner so for now it's all about modding the Land Cruiser.

The panel is due to arrive tonight so hopefully I'll be able to at least try to do some mock ups on how to mount it to the roof rack that I have. A bit of creative engineering might be in order but once the panel is installed the wiring should be pretty easy.

I have an IBS Dual Battery System in the Land Cruiser so the plan is to just tap into the existing dual battery setup for the solar panel.

http://ibs-tech.ch/en/products/dual-battery-system.html