Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lights, Camera, Action (forgot the camera)

sweet. I look forward to seeing how you wire up and mount lights up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryptoroxx View Post
    Not much time to work on the runner chasing after a 10 month old and trying to take care of a pregnant wife lol.
    You do know what causes those, right?
    Heres a hint: Its not in the water.
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

Quote Originally Posted by 04 Rocko Taco View Post
    You do know what causes those, right?
    Heres a hint: Its not in the water.
    I might be able to change your opinion on that. The naval hospital here on base delivers between 900-1200 kiddos every year. It's like an assembly line.

The 2nd kid is a really good thing though. I finally get a two car garage!! I think I'm about to lose my mind in this one. I can barely fit bikes in let alone a vehicle.

I did finally get some work in after squeaker passed out and the result is that everything is mounted well but I have to do the hard part (for me at least) of the wiring tomorrow along with oil change, fuel filter change, and I think I'm going to try and squeeze in the rubberized undercoating tomorrow as well. Undercoating shouldn't take long at all with a lift.

I should have had my thinking cap on because I knew that I would have to drill holes and bolt the light bar to the bumper. I used a 3/4" line clamp to hold the main harness in and after that I tried several different things but ended up using bailing wire to collect all the stray lines after that. It's not pretty but it will hold. The line clamp eliminates the danger of the harness dragging on the ground and the bailing wire just hides everything from sight. None of those pieces are long enough to drag.
    98 3rz 4x4 5spd- Monstalined, 99 Talls, 4.30 E-locker, Extra Lights
    In Progress:
    Tundra/Rear Disc Brakes w/parking brake
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

Not a lot of progress that shows much but I had some fixing to do before continuing with the wire install. I had another style grommet that I needed to use vs. the hard one designed for just 0ga through the firewall. It fits perfectly and I included the link below. I also had to re-route wires that had previously been wired lazily (by this guy). Lots of back pain is anticipated for tomorrow morning but at least 99% of that is done. I went ahead and ran 5 relay switch wires as that is the max my fuse box will take plus there's only one more light that I believe I will need that will have to run off of a switch...and that's a huge light bar up top.

I am going to attempt to wire the fog lights to the parking light power for the switch as it will keep me from leaving the buggers on. I am fairly certain I will notice if any of the others are left on.

Link from Amazon
    http://www.amazon.com/Daystar-KU2004...rewall+grommet

One pile of wires waiting for my fuse box to be put back in place.

I will have my ditch lights and switch on Monday....I have off Monday so this is good news. I would love to have this project over with (as much as I love projects)

This has really been a great fuse box even for the little that I use it for. Stupid easy to wire up and it's waterproof as long as all of your connections are also waterproof. Really wish I could have worked on it more today but the in-laws are slowing things down.
    In Progress:
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

Curious how you like that fuse box. I was thinking about it a few years ago and decided to go in a different direction. Now I am wishing I had gone with that.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz View Post
    Curious how you like that fuse box. I was thinking about it a few years ago and decided to go in a different direction. Now I am wishing I had gone with that.
    I would not have even considered it if I had not asked the question over on TTORA a long time ago. I was swamped by all kinds of clean setups, dual battery ideas, etc etc. but one swore up and down on that fuse box and I liked it because it would allow for relays and fuses as well as providing a waterproof means of protection.

He also gave me a great place to order all the pieces of the fuseblock. WayTekwire.com is the site and at first it was confusing to me but I knew next to nothing about wiring. Now that I've learned a bit of it (a very small bit) it is easier to order from the site and the prices are really good. It takes a special crimper to do the metrapack connectors but I got mine off of Amazon for 20 bucks and after all of the connectors I have done....they have already paid themselves off.

On another note it was nice to meet you Sean! I don't get out much and I am in the middle of nowhere. That bracket will work perfectly I believe. After I get the lights working I will see what I can do with it. The harness looks great too. My fingers are starting to itch just thinking about getting some time off to tear apart the rear axle. I might just see if I can swing the rear axle mods and save the tundra brakes for later.

Finally I have a few pics. Not many as I was busy doing family stuff as well. I am now ready to re-install the fuse box tonight and with any luck I will have a package from CBI tomorrow containing my last switch and some ditch light mounts so I can wire up everything once and for all.

In Progress:
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

Always nice to see another local person. Since I don't visit the "big" forums, I don't get to see alot of people. I like the group we have there though.

The texture on your truck is great btw.

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Thanks man. Hopefully it helped you make your decision for your trailer and rocker panels. In other news I got your text at like 5pm. Cell service out here is a mystery.

Finished up crimping some ends in preparation for tomorrow but nothing else was accomplished.
    Last edited by Kryptoroxx; 08-17-2014 at 08:20 PM.
    In Progress:
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

Sorry I missed you coming up our way the other day Seanz0rz. Don't know if Krypto told you or not, but I've been training for the last 5 weeks and am about to deploy in 2-3 weeks. Would have been nice to meet someone else from the forums but needless to say, I'm trying to spend some time with the wife and kid. If he's up to it I might throw some money at Krypto while I'm gone to get my rig ready while I'm deployed though. Hopefully hit some of the runs when I get back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current: 97 4runner Sr5, 5spd, 4wd... Awaiting wife's approval to start wrenching

Past: 88 Grand Wagoneer AMC 360, 4wd R.I.P.

Yep. I'm sure I'll run into you soon. Good luck out there.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast