Thread: "Epic" trails for photo shoot

"Epic" trails for photo shoot

Hey everybody, Fox is looking to do a trail ride photo shoot with some epic scenery as a backdrop. Our lead photographer is an avid camper/hiker (and a Tacoma guy) and has come to me for some additional location input. His first suggestion was the Coyote Flats area - some serious elevation with peaks in the background, massive grass valleys, glaciers, trees - the area seems to have it all.
    We're looking for some additional location options to throw around, and hopefully find something a bit closer to southern California (although not necessary). The only limitation is that it needs to be within driving distance of Orange County. I mentioned Big Bear, but we've done that before, as has the rest of the MX industry. We also discussed Laurel Lakes, Idyllwild, Kern Valley...
    I know that you guys can come up with some additional options - where have you been that would make an epic backdrop to a motocross trail ride photo shoot?

Thanks for the help!
    JD

I wasn't part of this forum until Dec. 2014 so never saw this posting. Where did you end up going for your photoshoot last year? Do you still have a link to the photos/videos?

They wound up going up to Coyote Flats after all. In fact, they took the exact same shot that Dan took of Sean from the bluff and used it as one of our main marketing images for the season. I'll try digging the 2 up.