Thread: Slippery Macbook Pro problem solved: eGrips Gecko Strips

Slippery Macbook Pro problem solved: eGrips Gecko Strips

I bought a MBP about 3 months ago. It's not getting a ton of use because i have a mac mini w/ two monitors and i have not had the need to travel w/ the laptop. But one reason I really started to really hate this laptop was that it's so slick and slippery on the bottom. I could put it on a desk and accidentally move the keyboard away from me. I finally got fed up and did some internet searching and found this company called egrips out of TX that makes strips called "Gecko Strips". WHAT A HUGE DIFFERENCE. These four strips are tall/thick enough to clear the 4 black worthless circular "grip" pads that are std on the MBP and the strips are long enough to where the laptop doesn't slide around. In fact, I put it on my little Ikea table and I could move the table by pushing the laptop. Now this might not be news to some of you as I believe this product has been around, but just wanted to pass on a good find.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Where did you buy them? We found then in an open box store and could never find it again! Those things are the best for cell phones!
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Sean I'll post up the link later tonight.