Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: E-Locker Woes

We tried the other elocker tonight with no luck so I'm going to check out my wiring again to double check. Everything seems to be in order but I did notice that when I engage the switch for the elocker that one of the lights for the other switches comes on so I might have to check my community ground on the switch panel to ensure there aren't any wires grounding out.

Does anyone have a part number for the w56 reverse light switch? Seems like everyone that had a bad sensor knows the price but I haven't seen a single part number to go off of.

The next step will be checking out the harness assembly as I don't see two elockers failing on the same thing. It seems that the position switch failure is rare enough as it is. Sean we can meet up somewhere to accomplish this. I was searching through on google and I think it's safe to say the wiring is a bit beyond my current talent level.
    98 3rz 4x4 5spd- Monstalined, 99 Talls, 4.30 E-locker, Extra Lights
    In Progress:
    Tundra/Rear Disc Brakes w/parking brake
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

I would start by bypassing your wiring and giving the box a ground and 2 hots in the appropriate places. Double check your fuses. I'll be of more help tomorrow morning.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz View Post
    I would start by bypassing your wiring and giving the box a ground and 2 hots in the appropriate places. Double check your fuses. I'll be of more help tomorrow morning.
    Sounds good. After I work out I will rig a temporary setup.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
    In Progress:
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

Here goes.

Remove the 4 pin harness from the box

Check continuity between where the white wire comes in (should be the pin closest to the edge, but double check) and the white/black wire on the end of the elocker plug (either plug should work for this, test both to be sure). If you don't have continuity, or a very large resistance, then something is wrong with the ground.

Use some scrap wire to connect the ground to ground (at the battery) and the yellow and orange to positive 12V. Leave the Blue wire alone for now. The locker should cycle locked until you remove yellow from 12v. To cycle it unlocked, the orange still needs to have power.

I can't find my schematic, but it is functionally similar to this:

(Thanks www.4x4wire.com)

With the exception being a relay in place of the switch on the right hand side, enabling control with a simple on/off.

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

here is a quick edit that is more in line with what you have.

elec_locker_wiring

Hey thanks Sean! I will be getting to this tomorrow morning. In-laws showed back up yesterday and market was this morning so I got away with cleaning up the disaster that is my garage and getting a little more ready for moving but no testing. I might be able to squeeze it in tonight but I would much rather do this in the light of morning.
    In Progress:
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

Well there's good news and bad news and the best news. The best news is....it isn't the locker, both of them are fully functional and work flawlessly, the good news is it isn't the harness either so Sean thank you for the support and ideas to help me along, and the bad news is I have no freakin clue where my wiring is wrong lol.

Going to start by introducing my switch into the wiring. At least then I can rule that out if it works. I'm thinking one of two errors occurred. Either the 12v and the Acc are switched up or somehow the ground is messed up? I know both of those errors would be easy to make and would cause everything not to work at all.

After those ideas I feel like the dog on duckhunt when you got skunked.
    In Progress:
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

What switch are you using? Link? Where are you grounding to? Where are you drawing power from?

I am using a spst contura v from otrattw.net

Ground I used was the metal frame of the steering wheel and the acc is the cigarette lighter. Fused goes straight to my aux box.
    In Progress:
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

Check if the acc gives you power. Could be a blown fuse there

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast