Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: E-Locker Woes

All my lights are on the same line and they work. I need to go out and test the switch in the morning. It was too dark to do it tonight
    98 3rz 4x4 5spd- Monstalined, 99 Talls, 4.30 E-locker, Extra Lights
    In Progress:
    Tundra/Rear Disc Brakes w/parking brake
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

OK, Test the switch, and if it has a light, make sure you are on the correct terminals.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

I was and the switch is good and the harness is not switched up either. That narrows it down to the ground. Not 100% on this but probably using the same ground for the switch as the box might cause confusion? I'm going to move the ground to the firewall and see if this helps.

This will be done tomorrow. Currently I have a cold that BattleWagon gave me (hopefully one of those 24hr things) and my entire body aches. It doesn't help that I went on a quick 2 mile run this morning before I realized that I'm running a little warm. I had just enough energy to do the jump terminals and test it out. Sorry for the slow progress everyone.
    In Progress:
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

I use the screw for the kick panel bracket (the yellow zinc chromate one) as a ground. Never given me a problem. Using the same ground shouldn't hurt, but I worry that maybe the ground isn't good enough and that is giving you problems.

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

I have the box located near the center console so I will be using something in that vicinity and this time I will make it shiny. Again tomorrow I will hopefully not feel like a road paver ran over me and get this done. Once I have a positive rest I will run the wire and be done with wiring for a little while.
    In Progress:
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

Lol, tell me about it. Ran a ton of wire in the garage today for the freezer and future garage door opener, washer/dryer, lights, and 2 20 amp circuits for tools and stuff. Spent all day on it. Dad did most of the work since I hurt my back moving a safe yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz View Post
    Lol, tell me about it. Ran a ton of wire in the garage today for the freezer and future garage door opener, washer/dryer, lights, and 2 20 amp circuits for tools and stuff. Spent all day on it. Dad did most of the work since I hurt my back moving a safe yesterday.
    Wow.....that just makes me feel more tired! However I'm glad you got that done. Should be pretty nice in your garage soon.
    In Progress:
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

It'll be another 6 months until anyone calls it "nice". But, it is getting there.

Finite! Well at least the wires are. It was a ground issue and it cleared right up when I used a different ground.

Sean you provided an almost perfect length in the harness I provided a pic below but I would guess about 3-4ft extra. I prefer shrinking a harness over having to lengthen it. Now this weekend or maybe next weekend I will be heading to the hobby shop to do the elocker retrofit.

So while I was under my truck I noticed the passenger side lbj and saw some grease. Seems that there was a hole poked in the boot....but the joint itself is tight as a drum. Just curious if that is a sign of replacement or whether I should stuff some more grease in and call it a day.

In Progress:
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

So glad it works for you!

I figure it's always easier to make the harness a few feet shorter than it is 1/2" longer!

Mine leak too. They aren't too bad so I wouldn't worry. I will probably replace the boot at some point, but the joint feels great.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast