Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: E-Locker Woes

Well everything is back up under the truck today. I filled the diff with lucas 80/145 as I have no idea how many miles are on the diff. I will update with a few custom things I did to make the installation better.
    I am waiting on the front diff till either this Friday or next. My fingers hurt, the family is sick, and I can't stay in the hobby shop tomorrow night. Lauren is still my dd.
    98 3rz 4x4 5spd- Monstalined, 99 Talls, 4.30 E-locker, Extra Lights
    In Progress:
    Tundra/Rear Disc Brakes w/parking brake
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

Finally got around to replacing the front diff. Everything went well but if anyone else tells me the front diff practically falls right out.....they're lying. It did go back in a lot easier than it came out though.
    In Progress:
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

Glad you had a better time with it than I did. I fought it forever to get it in.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz View Post
    Glad you had a better time with it than I did. I fought it forever to get it in.
    It took a good 5 minutes to wiggle it back in to be sure but I used a jack to lift it into a spot and then wiggle it past an obstacle...and then lift a little more. I also had a buddy helping me. He wheels a jeep and for most of the time I kept hearing "...man I'm jealous, you know how long this would take on my jeep?" lol. A helping hand is what really made it go quick.
    In Progress:
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

Help would have been wonderful. I suspect your 4 cylinder oil pan is probably a little more forgiving in the space dept.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

I would be willing to bet you're right. BattleWagon always comments on how much space I have in the hood so I imagine the same is true under as well. The one snafu that I had was I forgot my diff fluid when I went to the hobby shop so I had to fill the diff when I got home lol.
    In Progress:
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234