Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just got finished with our basement project

Just got finished with our basement project

WOO HOO, now we have more usable space! Sarah as a dedicated office, and I have a TV room with a 50" plasma. Hi def kicks major ass! I'll post some pics tomorrow.

Re: Just got finished with our basement project

I just recently picked up a 50" samsung DLP with 1080p

It's SOOOO nice. Hook up the xbox 360 to it with hidef games, what an experience!
    Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Tacoma/2006 Fourwheel Camper<br /><br />ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<br /><br />&quot;Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.&quot;<br />- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

Here's a crappy pano of my set-up.

I'm sporting the apartment life right now, so it is far from ideal. When it comes time to buy a nice place, then I'll get it set up just right.

[img width=800 height=332]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/oly884/oh-yeah.jpg[/img]
    Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Tacoma/2006 Fourwheel Camper<br /><br />ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<br /><br />&quot;Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.&quot;<br />- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

Here's one pic of ours...

i think your setup is better than my setup.

Ahh, I bet yours is just as effective! How are you liking the DLP? Are you getting any HD broadcasts?

The TV we went with definitely wasn't the cheapest option, but damn - the PQ is rediculously good, even on non-HD.

I'm loving the DLP, my only gripe is viewing angle. However, it's not horrible by any means.

Yup, I get about 5 channels in HD through the bunny ears. I'm too cheap for cable, right now.

I looked at plasmas, however, the threat of burn in from video games scared me away. Than and they also had the TV I got for $400 off!

Yeah, we're doing bunny ears too. That's probably the best way to get HD though really. I know DirecTV compresses the signal alot, and people grips that its not true HD.

Right, I got the TV just before the super bowl and had it in HD, man was that sweet!

I'm not sure if I really plan on getting cable any time soon anyways, with all the crap on TV, the lack of time I have, and the cost, cable doesn't make much sense.

The couple HD channels I do get via the bunny ears provides MORE than enough TV for me.

Now my movie collection... that's another story.

Top Gun + 50" HDTV + 5.1 surround = Pure awesomeness

We're looking for a 42"+ TV and I think I'm leaning toward LCD. So you guys say normal TV looks better on your HDTV than it did on a normal TV? I've been reading that some people say it's better and some say it's worse.

I think our new family room is going to be a tight squeeze so the DVD, home theatre, etc is going in a closet directly behind the wall on which the TV will hang. We'll use an IR repeater for the remote.
    -------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast