Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Just got finished with our basement project

Re: Just got finished with our basement project

Quote Originally Posted by reggie 00
    Cool a thread i can make some decent comments on.

I be part owner of a Custom Home Theater/ Low voltage company

Depending on the model of display standard def shows may look grainy. HD pretty much looks good on anything.

There is actually a huge debate on which cable is better component or HDMI. I think they look the same personally. Only thing is if you run component you will need to also run a toslink or coax dig cable so you can get 5.1.

If any one need little stuff like remotes, cables, ect. I can hook it up. You would be surprised at the mark up for this stuff.

If you are local i can do the big stuff. Not to much savings shipping a big ol display to the east coast..

I am pretty good with most questions, the stuff i cant answer i will find out, have distributors and what not i can dig it out of.
    I'll probably be contacting you as the entertainment bug bites me more!

Quote Originally Posted by Euphorickaty80
    Quote Originally Posted by oly884
    the threat of burn in from video games scared me away.
    I have never heard of this Oly...can you explain a little further for me?? I eventually want to get a flat screen...right now i have a 52" big screen...
    http://www.plasmatvbuyingguide.com/p...tv-burnin.html

My parents have one that they got a couple years ago, when burn in was a really big problem. Now, from what I've read, it isn't so bad, but I'm still not sure enough to try. I'm sure Reggie will chime in with some information, he really knows his stuff.
    Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Tacoma/2006 Fourwheel Camper<br /><br />ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<br /><br />&quot;Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.&quot;<br />- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

I put up another thread for just flatscreen TV stuff here.
    http://www.ultimateyota.com/index.ph...26&topic=526.0
    - Jamie<br /><br />1996 SR5 4Runner 4X4 Auto, Deckplate Mod,&nbsp; Hayden Tranny Cooler,&nbsp; Amsoil Air Filter, OME 881/906 N86C/N91SC Lift - SOLD, but still miss it!<br /><br />2005 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel 4WD

Some of the nicer plasma have screen protection. What they do is shift pixels every so often. If you are going to do some serious gaming LCD or DLP or a good LCOS is the way to go.
    &#039;83 Truck 4x4 - 4&quot; lift, downey header,, lots of stickers.<br />&#039;90 Runner $600 project ,32&#039;s on black Steelies,Optima Red Top, 1.5&quot; Balljoint Spacers, 80 series Coils, Sleeping/Storage Platform extravaganza<br /><br />You know enough to be dangerous, get out the way before you break something i can&#039;t fix- Pops

[quote=oly884 ]
    Quote Originally Posted by reggie 00
    Quote Originally Posted by Euphorickaty80
    Quote Originally Posted by oly884
    the threat of burn in from video games scared me away.
    I have never heard of this Oly...can you explain a little further for me?? I eventually want to get a flat screen...right now i have a 52" big screen...
    http://www.plasmatvbuyingguide.com/p...tv-burnin.html

My parents have one that they got a couple years ago, when burn in was a really big problem. Now, from what I've read, it isn't so bad, but I'm still not sure enough to try. I'm sure Reggie will chime in with some information, he really knows his stuff.
    Interesting stuff!! Thanks guys!

nice pics, I just got finished with my basement as well. Haven't got the TV yet for it. I'll post some pics when I get a chance.

TDiddy - Like the wall unit. Did you buy it or have it custom built?
    Work is for those who don&#039;t know how to plunder! <br /><br />1992 4x4 xcab, so stock it&#039;s not funny cause I don&#039;t have the money. <br /><br />If you like to play poker, either live or online, check out my Poker Pals board.

thanks - it was custom built.

Quote Originally Posted by TDiddy
    Here's one pic of ours...

How thick is the back of the cabinet where the display is?

It would look nice on either a articulating or tilt mount.
    Look good centered up in the cabinet space there.
    &#039;83 Truck 4x4 - 4&quot; lift, downey header,, lots of stickers.<br />&#039;90 Runner $600 project ,32&#039;s on black Steelies,Optima Red Top, 1.5&quot; Balljoint Spacers, 80 series Coils, Sleeping/Storage Platform extravaganza<br /><br />You know enough to be dangerous, get out the way before you break something i can&#039;t fix- Pops

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123