Ok I've had the chance to use the rack multiple times and for what I've had to carry it's been great. All of it has been long pieces of metal or wood. Easy to strap down, safe for the road (the 4x8 sheet of mdf was a little sketch because the nails stick up beyond the level of the rack), and most of all solid. No noises or flex to speak of besides the wind lol. This thing howls like there's a straw stuck in my gas tank and it's getting sucked out.

My solution?

Add more metal. That's right after mulling it over the expanded metal will both add strength and versatility to the rack. I'm also going to work on a faring location to see if I can nail down this wind problem. The rack is low enough of a profile that I can make the front end into a sunk basket of perforated metal so I can carry some stuff out of the way (like straps and stuff) and then the rest of the rack can be covered in a large diamond expanded metal so I can attach small stuff, my rocket box, and other items worry free. I don't think I will ever be removing this sucker again....lol.