Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 20140912-14 Inyo mountains

Most everything we saw was made from wood. Hope it lasts another 100 years, but at least we got up there.
    The mine will be gated soon. Its now pretty easy to find it on the internet and each year it gets more popular. It was best to see that one sooner then later as well

Quote Originally Posted by troyboy162 View Post
    Most everything we saw was made from wood. Hope it lasts another 100 years
    This is a foreign concept as well. If you leave wood alone, outside, on the east coast, give it maybe 30 years, and it will be totally gone. We just don't have the old structures (of any kind) that you guys do.
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

yeah I know what you mean. Its nuts out here. Stuff falls down eventually, but the things that were built rugged just seem to last until they are burned down. Underground is even better. So long as its a dry drift the wood from 1870 looks like it was from last year.

GREAT photos, this is a place I must go. It almost looks like a combination of Death Valley and Bodie, all wrapped up into one.

How did you know where to go in the mine? I would be worried about getting a mile back, then having to back-out.

Finally, the dash cam footage is impressive. Did you get the same one Bob has been recommending?

There weren't too many many choices of where to go. Offshoots were either too narrow, too low, or only 15 feet deep so it was pretty obvious where to go. I ended up backing up alot this trip for some reason, so that wouldn't have bothered me too much

Dashcam is not the one Bob has. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You'll get some more vids from Pismo no doubt.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz View Post
    There weren't too many many choices of where to go. Offshoots were either too narrow, too low, or only 15 feet deep so it was pretty obvious where to go. I ended up backing up alot this trip for some reason, so that wouldn't have bothered me too much
    If either of you have photo albums of the trip you're willing to share, I'd love to see them. I'm at home for three weeks with our 4-day old daughter, so some wheeling-related content would be awesome about now, haha.

Dashcam is not the one Bob has. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You'll get some more vids from Pismo no doubt.
    Awesome, just ordered the Mini 0803, a 32GB card and a compact 12V to 5V micro USB transformer so I can power it off the rearview mirror of the Leaf.
    Last edited by paddlenbike; 09-18-2014 at 03:10 PM.

Nice!

I'll try to get my pics at least in my flickr tonight.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

I don't have any more then what I put up. I took quite a few others but they didn't come out or they are duplicates of what I've got on here
    Last edited by troyboy162; 09-18-2014 at 06:02 PM.

I'll try to get mine downloaded and up on the site.

That would be cool to see what you guys took. I had a blast on this though I was exhausted the whole trip. I cant believe how far off the conditions were from what I figured but it was the perfect crew to take on what ever came at us.

thanks again for coming. I really wanted to see that area after I saw pictures of the views. I figured it would be a walk in the park like coyote flats lol. A bit different I'd say!
    Last edited by troyboy162; 09-19-2014 at 02:26 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast