Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Seanz0rz's Roll and Rebuild

I got a 99+ drivers side housing just laying around (has one broken tab through). That you can have for the price of shipping if you want it.
    2000 Toyota 4runner with some goodies.

Sean,

If you need additional auto paint/body work supplies, there's El Monte Auto Paint in Rancho Cucamonga. I've dealt with this cool guy named David. He gave me some awesome advice everytime I went in.

Sean, what about the TYC do you hate?
    I thought you had projectors in them now?

If its the alignment of it, try finding that 96-98 headlights but just use the mounting bracket and get your projected lenses mounted to that, that was originally my plan but I am going to be going a little backwards, I got a set of oem 99+ lights but the brackets are shot and the tabs on the lenses them self are shot, but I hope to be able to fix those with this:
    http://autoplicity.com/3731364-3m-04...kzwxoC2rvw_wcB

We use this stuff at work to fix bumper covers or just around the shop to mount something to the wall, I'm a good 220lbs now and there is a bracket on the wall that we use to hold our flags (long story) and it holds me up when I try to rip it off lol

I have TYC 99+ housings with TRS projectors. My biggest problem with the TYC housings is the plastic. Both the reflector housing and the black mounting shell have broken in several places, and even if I repair them successfully, it will crack next to the repair. It's some of the worst quality plastic I have ever seen.

My plan is to pick up some 96-98 housings pretty cheap (since they are unwanted), and swap over my projectors and clear lenses.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

ttora I might be interested in that housing. My drivers side faired the worst.

Avy, I'll look into the glue. Pretty soon they will be more glue than housing!

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

I am reading decently good things about the drop-in LED bulbs and suspect over the next couple of years that they will serve as an adequate replacement for HID. The high-end cars have already made the switch, and even the economy car LED headlights in my LEAF are probably half-way inbetween the 4Runner's stock headlight output and the amazing output of the factory HIDs in our Acura. I'm holding out hope for them anyway. Something drop-in is appealing at this point.

I have read good and bad things myself, the problem is the ballast on the back end of the bulb, in a lot of cases is a good 1 1/2-2" long, we have some room, but not alot behind are lamps.

Sean, my whole truck is glue at this point (besides the frame and drive train lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz View Post
    ttora I might be interested in that housing. My drivers side faired the worst.

Avy, I'll look into the glue. Pretty soon they will be more glue than housing!
    Just let me know.
    2000 Toyota 4runner with some goodies.

Got a little bit of work done today.

Right rear quarter is "done":

Still a tiny bit lumpy, but I'm not worried about it. Some hammer taps and some body filler and it will be fine!

The D pillar on this side isn't as bad as the left side.

The bumper took it pretty hard:

I will probably have to cut the wing and straighten it on the press. I'll try the hammer first though.

I tried to drill the spot welds on the left D pillar to move it, but there seems to be much more than those spot welds holding on to it. I might try to split the difference with the body filler, we'll see.

I also spent a few minutes replacing my rear cargo door lock and adjusting the latch. MUCH better!

Got word that my electrical connectors came in and my kit is ready to pick up, so I will take care of that next week and can start rebuilding my electrical system.

Got "new" corner lights in the mail yesterday, and have a blue sea fuse block being delivered today. I also snagged a really damn good deal on a new magnaflow catalytic converter, so I will replace that soon as well. It was just about dead before the roll, and it is still smoking out the oil from the exhaust. I will examine the muffler at that time and see if it is in need of replacement.

I will be ordering the rest of painting stuff next pay check with a goal to paint the last 2 weeks of Feb.

Hey lookin good! I think after all is said and done you will be pleased with the results.
    98 3rz 4x4 5spd- Monstalined, 99 Talls, 4.30 E-locker, Extra Lights
    In Progress:
    Tundra/Rear Disc Brakes w/parking brake
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast