Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Seanz0rz's Roll and Rebuild

Great job Sean. From the pictures everything looks straight and the pattern looks very consistent.

considering you are using your projectors still i presume you got the cheapest headlights you could find?

Bought Depo brand. Reviews were a little better than the TYCs and I have already been disappointed by TYC.

I think I will black out the reflectors this time around.

I wonder if my color match paint would work. Might not be able to withstand the high heat.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Something I was considering doing is using that black chrome paint duplicolor has on the reflector and the projector shroud:

https://www.duplicolor.com/products/shadow/

they have black and now copper, green and copper looks cool ;-)

I will probably go with a high heat gloss black. I might even have some sitting around.

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Beautiful!!
    98 3rz 4x4 5spd- Monstalined, 99 Talls, 4.30 E-locker, Extra Lights
    In Progress:
    Tundra/Rear Disc Brakes w/parking brake
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

I forgot how long it takes to put stuff back together...

Headlights are reassembled and awaiting installation. Need to finish up the wiring for the turn/park/strobe lights and fog lights before I run my wire for the headlights and install all of that. Tomorrow morning I will probably go pick up a new battery. I can watch it lose voltage with a DMM. at 10V (the highest I could get it) it was dropping .1V every 1-2 seconds.

Got the snorkel on, tail lights, and support for the spoiler. I am going to repaint my spoiler before it goes back up.

I unfortunately found some thin spots in the coating where the white primer or white oem paint is poking thru. Ohwell.

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz View Post
    I forgot how long it takes to put stuff back together...

Headlights are reassembled and awaiting installation. Need to finish up the wiring for the turn/park/strobe lights and fog lights before I run my wire for the headlights and install all of that. Tomorrow morning I will probably go pick up a new battery. I can watch it lose voltage with a DMM. at 10V (the highest I could get it) it was dropping .1V every 1-2 seconds.

Got the snorkel on, tail lights, and support for the spoiler. I am going to repaint my spoiler before it goes back up.

I unfortunately found some thin spots in the coating where the white primer or white oem paint is poking thru. Ohwell.
    Man I'm sorry to hear about the paint. Did you use 2 gallons? I admire your talents with lights and electronics. They are much better than I can manage.
    98 3rz 4x4 5spd- Monstalined, 99 Talls, 4.30 E-locker, Extra Lights
    In Progress:
    Tundra/Rear Disc Brakes w/parking brake
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

Yep, 2 Gallons. Guess I just missed it when I painted. It's not bad, and maybe no one would notice.

Got the relays done for the turn/marker lights. They aren't pretty but they will work, and should last longer than the last set.

Tomorrow I will keep at it and hopefully get the front end wiring done by the end of the day.

It will not be drivable by Monday as hoped, but SOON!!!!

Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast