Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Seanz0rz's Roll and Rebuild

http://www.lkqpickyourpart.com/locations/

Remember how Battlewagon and I scored all those cheap parts? We hawk that site and watch the sales.

Heck I'll offer my services with monstaliner if you find the panels in different colors and you want to paint it in that stuff. Normal paint I am no good at but I can tape and spray/roll monstaliner pretty well.
    98 3rz 4x4 5spd- Monstalined, 99 Talls, 4.30 E-locker, Extra Lights
    In Progress:
    Tundra/Rear Disc Brakes w/parking brake
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the help!

Friday after work I will start pulling it apart. The front left tire went flat sometime Monday night, so it looks even more sad than before. I will come home and toss a jack stand under it today.

I think I'll try to fix the roof first, get it "road worthy" and then start working on the rear quarter panels.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Aren't a lot of 3rd gen mirrors chrome? Mine are painted like yours but I'm not sure if the chrome ones are plastic chrome or have a thin sheet of chromed metal on them. I assume you'd want at least painted plastic?

Along with that roof fix you've got the sunroof. Any idea about how those are replaced? Our Subaru sunroof had issues and the dealer replaced the entire thing stating it was faster therefore cheaper for them. If the mechanicals are in good shape can just the glass be repaired assuming you can get the sheet metal straight enough?

I'm certain the driver side tires are full of sand. While you were inside and we were pulling they were just scooping it up. The rear that was leaking around the inside weight had sand blowing out at that location after we seated the bead. Hopefully some bead popping, cleanout and reseat will fix the issue.

I know you'll be busy but I'll put the request out there for pictures. If you remove the entire headliner as well as rear plastic trim panels I'd like to see whats going on back there. Detailed pics of the inside of the body around the rear side glass mostly. I've got some ideas kicking around and those would fuel my fire.

As far as I know there are at least two different shapes of side view mirrors. I know my '99's are different than the '00's. I'm not sure if those are the only two.

What year is your 4Runner and if and when you get the mirror off can you snap a pic of the connector?

Mirrors from 96-00 I think fit. I think it's 01 02 that are different.

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Ok. I now notice your year in your sig.

I emailed DeathCougar to see about some parts. I found this in a post he had online.
    "99+ have heated mirrors (5 wire main plug) and the 96-98 are NON-heated."

I asked in case you want the mirrors to match. You also mentioned headed but he said heated started in '99, but you know what you've got. I guess the big difference is 5 wire versus 3 wire.

I also found this guy online that posted some mirror info.
    http://www.toyota-4runner.org/1363268-post15.html

I swapped to heated mirrors a while back.

DC wants $60, shipped, for a silver heated mirror off a '98 Limited.

Have you turned the motor over yet? Besides a couple flat tires and a cracked windshield, what is keeping it from being driven?
    2012 Tacoma 4x4 6spd TRD, e-locker, LT265/75R16E Michelin LTX A/T2s, Stubbs HD-SKOs
    2003 Taco-was K.I.A. 4/31/12-RIP

Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast