Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Seanz0rz's Roll and Rebuild

I guess the good news is you can always do the same thing with a quart of monstaliner to touch it up in the future. You just have to do the same prep to monstaliner that you do to clearcoat.
    98 3rz 4x4 5spd- Monstalined, 99 Talls, 4.30 E-locker, Extra Lights
    In Progress:
    Tundra/Rear Disc Brakes w/parking brake
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

I might if I am already painting, like color matching a trailer or something. Otherwise, it is just fine.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Wasted my morning at Sears getting them to replace my battery plus running some other errands. Came home, installed the battery and fired her up. Turned it around so I could work in the garage. Installed the headlights, corner lights, and turn/strobe lights. It took twice as long as it should have. It's all done though. I will have to wait until I reinstall the rear bumper to aim the headlights. It is quite the stink bug without any weight back there.

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

It's coming together nicely Sean.

Did your turn signal/strobe harness fail on you? I thought they still worked on tow off the beach.

One was completely saturated in oil. So much so that some poured out when I took the tape off. The plastic on the relay looked a little weird so I tossed it. The drivers side wasn't in horrible shape but I replaced it anyway. I had one of the new ones short out when I don't encapsulated it with hot glue. Had to melt it away until I found and corrected it. These should be good to go for quite some time.

Also, thanks for the kind words. This has been a hell of a project. It will be at least a few more months to get back to what it was. It gave me a chance to fix some lingering issues and to make it a better vehicle.

Sean, kudos to you and Lexi for all the hard work! It's like having an old friend back.

She's been an amazing help!

Last night I took a night off. Tonight I got the Lightforces installed, grill installed, cargo hatch door panel installed, as well as the third brake light and the spoiler. Tomorrow I am hoping to start tackling the wire thru the firewall and the aux fuse box.

The last few days have seen the rear bumper installed and tonight I got the swingouts reinstalled.

Tonight I made a new license plate light. The old one was half dead and a POS.

These are the waterproof connectors I am using. They are nearly identical to the Toyota OEM connectors.

Tomorrow I swap out the Cat and start to reassemble the interior. YAY!!

Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast