Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Seanz0rz's Roll and Rebuild

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz View Post
    4runner is in the garage. Just in time to be out of the rain. Work starts tomorrow.
    I miss the emoticons on UY...instead of this text you would see a little smiley face dancing around all happy-like.

two minutes with ftp access to lances server : )

I'm for it.
    98 3rz 4x4 5spd- Monstalined, 99 Talls, 4.30 E-locker, Extra Lights
    In Progress:
    Tundra/Rear Disc Brakes w/parking brake
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

Quote Originally Posted by Kryptoroxx View Post
    I'm for it.

Dang... late to the party, but glad y'all OK Sean!

Thanks Cody. Good to see ya around again!

Ken, all I see is a square.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz View Post
    Thanks Cody. Good to see ya around again!

Ken, all I see is a square.
    yessir! thanks
    Last edited by fenrisx; 12-04-2014 at 04:56 PM.

Tried out the stud welder. Went a little too long and burned thru the panel a bit. Still pulled the dent (single dimple in the left rear door from the hilift jack), but I will have to weld it and tap down the high spot.

Stripped the driver's door, replaced it with the new one and got the wiring harness swapped over (since the 97 donor didn't work).

I ordered my touch up paint to do the edges of the door and fenders. I will also repaint my door handles and touch up a couple of spots here and there.

Tomorrow I will start working on pulling the dents in the roof. I cleaned up the panels and started marking out where studs should go and where the panel needs to be pounded down. I cleaned up some of the body, especially the A pillar to see if there was any deformation. None to speak of, just some small dimples from where the fender crushed in. I might work on getting the drivers fender on next week after work. That should be a 1 or 2 evening project.

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

First of all, wow, it's in the garage! That's big right there. You're going to have some good bodywork skills after this. Did you decide to go with factory color or are you just using it for the parts you see from the inside? In the pictures you posted, the paint looks too nice to bedliner over. I know you had some paint issues on the roof and hood, but those are the two easiest places to hide a less than perfect paint job.

I am going with color matched monstaliner like Kyptrorocks did. I think it will provide the best finish for the money and work. Doing an automotive grade finish with this level of body damage would be too much work. If that was the goal, a body swap would have been a better choice.

2 cans of color match, 3 cans of clear, and one can of plastic adhesion promoter was about 80 bucks. Monstaliner will end up being around 400.

Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast