Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Seanz0rz's Roll and Rebuild

Seanz0rz's Roll and Rebuild

So it finally happened. I rolled the truck. Most importantly, every one is OK with the most minor of injuries you could ask for. It happened at night in the soft sands of Oceano Dunes (Pismo). I will let the pictures I took speak for themselves.

The aftermath:

I will do a full run down of the damage later when I can get a better handle on everything that needs fixin' or replacin'.

I did get the accident on video from my dash cam. We rolled 1.5 times. The initial impact removed the plug from the camera, so it only recorded the roll and stopped recording shortly after we stopped. I will upload that later and give a run down of events as we have pieced them together.

It took about 4 hours to completely recover the vehicle, something I could not have done without the help of my incredible friends. Biggest thank you to JC, Lance, Mike, and the one who shared the experience with me, John. The support on the beach the next day was very well appreciated and reminds me why I hang out with you guys.

The 4Runner is pretty battered, but I will probably do my best to salvage it unless the body proves to be too far gone.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Oh man Sean I'm not sure what to say. Best of luck piecing her back together! I am rather impressed with your roof rack though. It held up quite nicely imo.

Most important thing is everyone is ok though. Definitely glad no one was hurt.
    98 3rz 4x4 5spd- Monstalined, 99 Talls, 4.30 E-locker, Extra Lights
    In Progress:
    Tundra/Rear Disc Brakes w/parking brake
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

Same sentiment. Great everyone is OK, but otherwise somewhat speechless.

That's a real bummer, but I'm glad you all are ok. The doors, hood, and lift gate don't look too bad. Is the motor hydrolocked?

Looking forward to what you have in store for it.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

Thanks Dan. The driver's door is pretty crushed, especially around the hinge area. From my VW experience, I suspect it will be pretty messed up. Because of the fender being pushed so far in, I can't open the driver's door all the way. The other doors are OK (besides preexisting damage on the passenger side) except for some hilift jack scrapes and dents. Hood I think is OK but the driver's headlight looks like it is sticking out more than normal, so it might be a little tweaked. Lift gate is fine. All the doors and windows operate as normal, which I am pleasantly surprised by.

The motor ran for a few mins after we rolled. I shut it off before getting out of the truck. It sat upside down for about half an hour, so we didn't attempt to turn it over. I will pull the plugs and give her a crank to let the oil squirt out, but that might be next weekend.

I am looking up roll cage stuff now

The hard things to fix on mine was the pillars and the windshield framing. Those all look pretty good on yours though it will take some more investigation to tell. It will come together ok. its just a pain in the ass to get done.

The windshield frame looks pretty intact. I really want to study how the windshield broke to see where it might have moved.

I obviously have lots of questions for you. Did you ever find spec measurements for door openings, etc?

oh and also the upside down time drained both my motor oil and my transmission fluid.

no measurements just body seams and gaps to eyeball. Monty did all the straightening for me, but he showed my what was wrong. The gaps at the top of the doors to the roof line showed the cab had moved slightly in a trapezoid fashion. Dents in a B pilar showed the door hinges had moved in just a hair. The windshield frame had been pushed in at the top and that pulled one A pillar inward with it.

Yours looks good. The door jam seals are pretty forgiving to things out of spec so I hope you are good to go.

Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast