Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Seanz0rz's Roll and Rebuild

Aye, body work is a long and boring process imho. Bang out dents, glass if need be, fill, sand, fill, sand, etc.

I have over 2 hours of just sanding for a 6x6 section I replaced using some metal patchwork for drywall (bondo sells same thing but 3x as $), bondo kitty hair and bondo filler. I wanted it to turn out good and it shows since it looks damn nice. Friend thought I paid to have it done.

Sean, its coming along great! I admire your work ethic and commitment to getting it as damn near perfect as possible.
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

Thanks! She will never be perfect, but no sense in doing this much work and half assing it!

Today I have come down with a bug, but working thru the fever and body aches. Last coat of filler went on about 30 mins ago, drilled the new fender for the snorkel, and sanding that in prep for regular paint in the "hidden" areas that will not get texture.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz View Post
    Completely agree! To me, body work has been the worst part of all of this. I think one more weekend of hammering, applying filler, sanding, etc. and it will be done. The roof is ready, the left side needs a little work before filler, hopefully I can get that done today or during the week.

It is really crunch time for me. 5 weekends left until she rolls for Mojave, and there is much to do. I know some things will not be done in time, but I would like to have a good vehicle to roll out there with. And I will!
    At least you shouldn't have to worry about rain. We got most of that this past week when I had exposed holes in my roof lol.
    98 3rz 4x4 5spd- Monstalined, 99 Talls, 4.30 E-locker, Extra Lights
    In Progress:
    Tundra/Rear Disc Brakes w/parking brake
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

Yeah, it's a perfect day for body work. Warm and dry, but not too much of either.

I think I might have the flu, no bueno. But ohwell, just keep working!

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Template for the snorkel:

I found some damage on the snorkel I missed before. It won't be a deal breaker but I will have to address it at some point. No picture of that.

While I worked on prepping the fender, Lexi sanded the rest of the filler, then another coat, and then more sanding. This is the final result. It looks great!

Fender, all prepped and painted with Evergreen Pearl Metallic and clear coated:

I just shot the parts that may not get texture. It came out better than I thought! I would definitely use automotivetouchup again! The color is a perfect match to the jambs (but not necessarily the rest of the body, paint fades after 18 years).

One day after work I will hang the passenger fender. Everything is prepped for snorkel install but that won't happen until after Monstaliner. I will also turn the truck around again to get the driver's side finished. Now that I have most of my electrical parts in, I'll start working on wiring during the week and save the weekends for the big body work.

Everything is coming together pretty well, still much to do!

Hey that really does look good! Is that seriously a rattlecan?

Man I'm looking forward to seeing this thing come to life!

Let me know if you need the spray gun. It's sitting on the shelf and I'm pretty cheap or at least that's what my wife tells me lol.

Only thing you would really want to do for your driveway (if you choose to spray) is get one of those really big blue tarps and spray on a pretty still day. After about 2 hours you could drive/push it back into the garage with no negative effects.
    In Progress:
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

I might employ you for a day to spray it. I have no confidence in my abilities.

Spray can stuff came out great! Especially with so little prep (it is an area that just doesn't matter).

The spray looks very good! Im pretty sure I went with the same people when I did my fender, I got the spray cans. The paint matches pretty dang close on my fender but you can tell. The spot I repaired on my bed I think was small enough I could blend it easier and the texture was rougher down there (IDK why?).

Your welcome btw. Like I said, takes a heck of alot of work. I glassed the damage to my tailgate, filled and primed it all up only for the gate to bend under load (me stepping on it while down) and everything to be a waste If I was gonna keep here I was actually going to use metal to reinforce it since you cant see about 90% of it b/c of the bed liner.
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

Ordered the Monstaliner and a bunch of other stuff. Still trying to track down the pigment to color match, but I have a pretty good line on some.

Turned the truck around again so we can sand the other side.

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz View Post
    Ordered the Monstaliner and a bunch of other stuff. Still trying to track down the pigment to color match, but I have a pretty good line on some.

Turned the truck around again so we can sand the other side.
    Sorry my text was a little vague. Here is something sold by them on amazon. Contact the seller and ask about pigment with no binders. Should come out to about 90 bucks for 16oz.

2000-2013-13 BMW 354 Titanium Silver Metallic Professional Touch Up Paint Kit https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00G4S4H24..._9Dd1ub0BXYF5Q
    In Progress:
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast