Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Seanz0rz's Roll and Rebuild

Got the primer shot last night about 11 pm. Just got up and it looks pretty moist outside, so I will have to check on the primer and hope it cured out. Good stuff that primer...
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

It was very moist last night, and it basically rained. No bueno.

Primer appears to have cured out OK over night. It is about 55 degrees and very humid right now, so I will have to wait until probably 11 or 12 to spray paint. In the mean time I will finish up all of the prep work.

Here are some pictures up to this point:

Preparing to release my Dark Passenger:

This morning:

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Man this is gonna look sweet! The bodywork is well done from what the pictures say. Very smooth. Sorry to hear about the primer though. I would be glad to have rain except for the holes in my roof currently lol.
    98 3rz 4x4 5spd- Monstalined, 99 Talls, 4.30 E-locker, Extra Lights
    In Progress:
    Tundra/Rear Disc Brakes w/parking brake
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

I am just hoping it is not too humid and cold today to spray. I was not expecting this weather at all. Maybe by noon it will be warmer.

Thanks! I am happy with how the body came out. The roof is lumpy still but it is decent enough to live with. There are lots of irregularities in the filler that would completely ruin a regular paint job. The texture should help with these.
    Last edited by Seanz0rz; 02-21-2015 at 09:30 AM.

I'm thinking about doing the top rack in monstaliner but I don't have anything else to paint lol.
    In Progress:
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

Lol. Prep is done. Garage (and truck) warmed up a bit with the heater. Spray around noon. Not too bad.

First coat is on. Came out really nice. I will bump up the pressure for the second coat. It is a little smooth for my liking.

Finding the right pressure and distance is a learning curve for sure. This stuff is pretty forgiving though. Second coat is on, and I will go out in a few mins to do some touch ups real quick. That will be the end of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz View Post
    Finding the right pressure and distance is a learning curve for sure. This stuff is pretty forgiving though. Second coat is on, and I will go out in a few mins to do some touch ups real quick. That will be the end of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz View Post
    First coat is on. Came out really nice. I will bump up the pressure for the second coat. It is a little smooth for my liking.

The right pressure certainly makes a difference but I am glad that you found it easier than it sounded.
    In Progress:
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

I agree. Thats pretty messed up to give a blow by blow of these final steps and not post pictures. This is 2015 Sean, we are civilized now!

Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast