Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Seanz0rz's Roll and Rebuild

Not yet, Friday. Fenders, missing corner lights, tires, windshield and roof are the big items. I haven't had time after work this week.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Honestly, you could've drove it home from Pismo. A friend of mine flopped his 97 on the side and after putting it back on all 4s, let it sit over night, and fired it up. No smoking, or anything what so ever. just gotta wait for the oil to get back into the pan.

Also, I would completely ignore every other damage except for the roof/sunroof area. I know anything is possible and sure it can be rebuilt, but I went to highschool with a buddy that drove a 3rd gen and his was salvaged titled due to a roll over. He went to pick n pull, cut a roof off at the middle of the A pillars, and welded it all back on. 100% straight, windshield fit and didn't leak, and the sunroof was completely operational.
    1992 Toyota 4runner SR5 4x4 3.0 V6 5 Speed - It's Modified.

Thanks for the help mike. I'll hit up DC soon.

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Just weld new sheetmetal over the sunroof. Is just a leak magnet anyway.
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

I think that's the plan. I used my sunroof a grand total of 5 days this year. I'll do a roof console like Keith did in his 4Runner.

Sorry that happened Sean...but there is always that chance. That is part of the reason I parted with my gold 4runner. It was only a matter of time before I rolled that one...and I always had kids with me.

Glad to see the UY crew stepped up to help with the recovery. If I had been there, I would have helped for sure!
    1995 4runner--SAS'd and armored--GONE

1998 4Runner--under construction--GONE

2003 4runner...the new project

Thanks Marc. I have the most awesome friends!

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz View Post
    I think that's the plan. I used my sunroof a grand total of 5 days this year. I'll do a roof console like Keith did in his 4Runner.
    You will find you have a ton of room up in the headliner once your sunroof is gone! I did a little poking around when I was doing the map light/sunglasses holder mod and I might end up using some space up there eventually. I was thinking maybe amplifiers or an inverter would fit with few issues. Small and flat would be the name of the game there.
    98 3rz 4x4 5spd- Monstalined, 99 Talls, 4.30 E-locker, Extra Lights
    In Progress:
    Tundra/Rear Disc Brakes w/parking brake
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

Today was productive! Yesterday I surveyed some of the damage and made the final decision to move forward with repair and replace instead of a full body swap.

Here is the link to the album: https://www.flickr.com/gp/98550067@N07/44558b

Picked up donor fenders, drivers door with mirror, fuel filler door and a much needed rear hatch latch (unrelated to the roll). Came home and stripped the interior, removed the busted sunroof assembly and vacuumed out the glass and sand.

Tomorrow I will start lifting the roof back into shape.
    Last edited by Seanz0rz; 09-28-2014 at 02:06 PM.

Sounds good! I dont envy you with all of those dents to push out but I think you'll still be ahead of the game timewise and money wise over the body swap.

I dont know what makes a dent receptive to this treatment but I guess its worth a try

Last edited by troyboy162; 09-28-2014 at 02:00 AM.

Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast