I've been wanting to do this mod for a long time. Back when I used to drive the 4runner I used to camp inside and always hating having to crack open the window and possibly get stuck with darn bugs chomping at me while I snored my life away.

Over the years I found a few individuals do some really creative ways to screen their windows but none that I really liked. The cheapest and quickest one was to just get one of the screen door mesh and make a quick cut out and place it on the outside of the door with magnets. It's hella ugly but definitely works well. Just not my cup of tea.

I wanted to either buy or make something that affixed inside the door frame so I can keep it installed and be able to drive freely without worrying about the mesh coming off. Not only that I also wanted to be able to keep the mesh installed while driving with the windows down.

With that said I did some creative thinking and came up with little mod. It's still in the rough stages but it's a working progress. Need to figure out a way to secure the bottom part of the mesh. Was thinking I can slide it between the door frame and leather door molding but that wouldn't make it really "bolt on" friendly by being able to install/uninstall without really taking the door apart all of the time.

Please don't flame me on the wrinkling of the mesh screen. I kinda screwed up sewing the velcro at the right angle corner. Too much fabric flex so now I got this ugly wavy crap going on. Gotta take it apart and redo it but too lazy to take it apart for now.

Thoughts guys? Need your feedback. Got plenty of mesh so I can definitely redo this a few times over while I perfect the best method.

IMG_3267.jpgIMG_3268.jpg