Hey all,

Sorry I haven't been on here much lately. I've been going to truck driving school for the past couple of months, and the place I stayed at didn't have any working internet.

Last Friday, I graduated from an accredited truck driver certification program offered at a community college near here. I graduated number one in the class, and the CDL examiner that gave me the road test said I had the lowest score she had ever seen (they use a reverse grading structure, so a low score is good).

It was a fun 8 weeks, but I didn't think I would ever get the hang of the transmissions. I still need to work on my downshifts, but I'm pretty happy overall.

The 10-speed Volvo pictured above was my favorite truck. The truck needed to be shifted fast (100 RPM drop on the upshifts), which I was worried about at first, but it turns out I can shift this truck better than the other trucks with a 200 and 300 RPM drop.

The blue truck in the background is an older 13-speed GMC-White/Volvo that we drove as well. The AC was broke, but the truck had an awesome sounding turbo and exhaust brake, which we all enjoyed thoroughly.

We also had a couple of Macks that were used on the obstacle course. Both were day cabs, with one having a single drive axle, and the other having two drive axle. We used 48' trailers on all trucks.

I also went ahead and worked on some endorsements, and I now have tanker, hazmat, doubles/triples, and passenger endorsements.

I'd like to work out on the oil fields in Texas or Louisiana, but we'll see what happens.

Anyways, just thought I'd share what I've been up to the last few months.