Thread: Colorado Trip (just enough pics to make your mouth water)

Colorado Trip (just enough pics to make your mouth water)

I did my best to take pictures but since my wife can't drive stick it was difficult. We visited the Western slope and the views to be had are spectacular. We went a little late in the year so most everything was closed but I went exploring down a few of the forest access roads I could go down and from what I observed the camping out here would be amazing. We stayed in Granby Park (just missed the biking season, Granby held the 2009 downhill championship races so the place is littered with trails) for the whole time and quite honestly my wife and I were so worn from the past year of pure stress that what we saw from our window was good enough so we slept a lot. If you do decide to go up via Interstate 15/70 take your time!! If I would have had more of it there are some amazing state parks along the way as well as Moab. For mountain bikers there's Fruita which is one of the top destinations for mountain biking with around 1200 miles? of trail. On the way there and back you pass through some of the most beautiful scenery with striking differences.

Sadly I forgot the good camera for most of the trip in the room so cell phone pics have to do for now.

These were right out of my window. Honestly I slept a lot during this vacation. The mountain air did all of us some good.

Last edited by Kryptoroxx; 10-23-2014 at 07:25 PM.
    98 3rz 4x4 5spd- Monstalined, 99 Talls, 4.30 E-locker, Extra Lights
    In Progress:
    Tundra/Rear Disc Brakes w/parking brake
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

Beautiful. Would love to see CO some day.

Absolutely no desire to ever live there thanks to thier 'gun-sense' - I'm to used to my freedoms here in TN. Still love to see it though.
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

Utah and Colorado are beautiful places. We've been to Moab twice for week long mountain bike trips and once to Fruita to ride. Moab was fun but I loved Fruita. Tons of trails, wide open views and trees. Colorado is an awesome state in terms of things to do outdoors.

I was in Colorado Springs for two different trips, each a week long and felt like I could never go home. Skiing, fishing, peak bagging, riding, wheeling and just driving.

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for posting!

The scenery around Fruita is amazing, as is much of Utah. CO as a whole is pretty awesome too. Did you all get a chance to go to Rocky Mountain National Park while you were staying in Grandby?

Those cabins look really great. One of these days I'd like to go back to the mountains and just relax for a week or so.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by DHC6twinotter View Post
    Thanks for posting!

The scenery around Fruita is amazing, as is much of Utah. CO as a whole is pretty awesome too. Did you all get a chance to go to Rocky Mountain National Park while you were staying in Grandby?

Those cabins look really great. One of these days I'd like to go back to the mountains and just relax for a week or so.
    We wandered into the park for a little bit but trail ridge road was closed down so we couldn't venture too far in. We walked along beaver creek for a little bit but that was all we were prepped to do. There are 4 or 5 trails on that side but my wife was 3 months pregnant so serious hiking trails were out lol.

When I was a kid I lived in Omaha and we would vacation in the meeker park area near the east entrance and even as a kid I remember how beautiful it was. However I was more concerned with swimming, running, getting dirty, ya know kid stuff lol. It has been 15 years though since I was in the park and I definitely need to go back next year if I can swing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 04 Rocko Taco View Post
    Beautiful. Would love to see CO some day.

Absolutely no desire to ever live there thanks to thier 'gun-sense' - I'm to used to my freedoms here in TN. Still love to see it though.
    I am with you on the gun thing. You would love the western slope though. Lots of cattle and horse ranchers. Good solid all American gun lovers lol. It's Denver and boulder that are the pot smoking gun control hippies lol. Fortunately there are lots of wild animals to take care of them when they try to pet yogi.
    98 3rz 4x4 5spd- Monstalined, 99 Talls, 4.30 E-locker, Extra Lights
    In Progress:
    Tundra/Rear Disc Brakes w/parking brake
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

I love that country; thanks for sharing. My 4Runner is hankering for a roadtrip. Lately all it has done is tote U-haul trailers around for house projects.