Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lets see your garage!! (or I need ideas for organizing)

If they hold tools, don't fall apart, and don't fall over on you they're worth their money in my opinion. Craftsman is a fine brand. Most of my tools are that flavor of steel. I wish I could afford better but honestly I have never broken a single Craftsman tool.

Looks like you have a bit of work ahead of you!! The wife and I are constantly going through the storage get rid of excess baggage. Now if only we could remember to mark at least the general idea of what is inside lol.

I'm guessing that you had the old fold up garage door before this. I had a buddy with one of those and I used to crack my head on it if I wasn't careful.

That's a HEFTY shelf!! You won't have to worry about overloading that.
    98 3rz 4x4 5spd- Monstalined, 99 Talls, 4.30 E-locker, Extra Lights
    In Progress:
    Tundra/Rear Disc Brakes w/parking brake
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

Pretty cluttered here but there is always two cars in it unless I'm tackling big projects. Been clearing out a lot of junk the past month, threw out a lot of stuff but it piles on back somehow.

97 4runner Limited<br />2wd---&gt;4wd Conversion

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz View Post
    Yeah, they aren't the premium chests, but they are ball bearing and will hold basically everything we want to put in them. And yes, thank god we got rid of that terrible garage door!
    I have all three different grades of Craftsman chests and like them all. In some ways I almost prefer the quiet glide version over the ball bearing version, and they are less expensive. I have noticed that Craftsman branded chests seem to hold their value really well--I couldn't find a used one for much less than a new one.

I've always been surprised at the deals Sears throws out on their tool storage. It must be the hand tools that have all the mark up. They'll throw you a deal with the storage then cash in when you fill it. I bought my 40" chest when I was 19 and it was a year old from a neighbor. This was before the good deals but what made me want it is it was a Waterloo chest. I had Waterloo chests at my job at the time and loved them. Craftsman used Waterloo for their higher end boxes but stopped years ago.

Sean, you're garage isn't as bad as you make it out to be. It looks like you have a lot of space and the willingness to purge. If I was closer I'd help you out. One thing I didn't notice in the pictures is the VW. Do you still have it? I thought it was that, that was slowing down the clean out and rebuild of the 4Runner.

VW is on the side of the house, we moved it out of the garage a couple if years ago. Remember, this is after more than a few weekends of work. Also, we have a 5x8 box trailer full of stuff, plus most of the pickup bed. I've about reached the limit on tossing stuff. We still have boxes of "hardware" and "stuff" that need to be gone thru. Yesterday was the first time in a while that you could see the floor.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

I find it difficult to throw things away, but when I haven't used an item in years, it's time to go, and once it's gone I never miss it. I threw a post into this thread hoping it will peer-pressure me into keeping on-track. We will probably continue to accumulate stuff at a faster pace than I can throw stuff away now that we're having kids.

My wife made a comment a few weeks ago that made me happy. She mentioned how much she appreciated having a garage to park her car in and how nice it was for keeping it clean and not having to scrape ice in the mornings as she always has. I see that as justification to spend more time and money on the garage. :-)

Keep up the good work guys.

I think I am about done although I am keeping my eye out for an old metal cabinet I can use to go under a work/welding table. It won't be anything big but 3x4 would be nice as most of my projects would fit on that.

I got the other shelves in to hold all the 4runner projects currently on hold but collecting parts none the less. It looks good and it's not flexing like the old shelves were. I will have a picture tonight.
    In Progress:
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

Here's the final pic of my project shelves. I think I am finished for the time being.

In Progress:
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

Been making progress. Last weekend I nearly took the end of my thumb off while pushing a fish tape through an electrical box. It's healing up OK, just a slow process. So far this weekend, we've nearly finished doing up the lights (something that will get crossed off the list tomorrow. I am trying to get my 4Runner in before next week's storm. I think I can make it... We'll see.

Next picture will be a very bruised 4Runner stuffed into a very full garage!
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz View Post
    Been making progress. Last weekend I nearly took the end of my thumb off while pushing a fish tape through an electrical box. It's healing up OK, just a slow process. So far this weekend, we've nearly finished doing up the lights (something that will get crossed off the list tomorrow. I am trying to get my 4Runner in before next week's storm. I think I can make it... We'll see.

Next picture will be a very bruised 4Runner stuffed into a very full garage!
    I was about to tag your thread and see how everything was coming. Looking forward to seeing progress pics.
    In Progress:
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast