Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ford Everest

Quote Originally Posted by YotaFun View Post

When it comes to reliability with today's vehicles its really anyone's game in my mind from working one everything everyday, except for one, that being chevy, they not only dropped the ball but buried it 6 feet under and covered it in concrete, I just don't understand how a brand new 4k mile car can have a rod knock, or a 2014 engine has sludge like it was 20 years old!
    Like a rock

I like the camry still but the trucks do look like they were wrecked before they ever left the assembly line.
    98 3rz 4x4 5spd- Monstalined, 99 Talls, 4.30 E-locker, Extra Lights
    In Progress:
    Tundra/Rear Disc Brakes w/parking brake
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

Bob, I know how much you like Toyota's new front ends, so here you go:

The new Toyota Mirai foolcell vehicle.

I'm sure it will prove to be a timeless design like the old Acuras:

rolleyes
    Last edited by paddlenbike; 12-23-2014 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by paddlenbike View Post
    Bob, I know how much you like Toyota's new front ends, so here you go:

The new Toyota Mirai foolcell vehicle.

I'm sure it will prove to be a timeless design like the old Acuras:

rolleyes
    I think I just threw up a little in my mouth. Did they hire blind design engineers?
    In Progress:
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

I don't get why Toyota feels the need to make such ugly automobiles. Do they actually think that looks good?
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by DHC6twinotter View Post
    I don't get why Toyota feels the need to make such ugly automobiles. Do they actually think that looks good?
    I guess sales numbers don't lie, if they see $$$ then they think it looks awesome.
    Its the way of the future unfortunately, the youth of today controls tomorrows markets...

The critical reaction to the Mirai was horrible. I don't think I saw a single review, story, or comment that didn't mention how horrendously ugly it is. But, the Prius is ugly and shoe-like and people buy them by the thousands every year. Never thought I'd say this, but I long for the cars (style at least) from the 80's and early 90's.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Honestly besides the new taco/tundra and the camry. I find all of toyotas latest offerings VERY fugly. Course I also find most of the new stuff period is fugly. Way to much plastic, way to little chrome, trucks are super low to the ground (besides toyota it seems) and things arent built as well as they once were.

Im with Sean on this, I like the look of the 90's and 80's more than what we have now. The bulkyness is what really kills me-damn trucks look like tanks.
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz View Post
    The critical reaction to the Mirai was horrible. I don't think I saw a single review, story, or comment that didn't mention how horrendously ugly it is. But, the Prius is ugly and shoe-like and people buy them by the thousands every year. Never thought I'd say this, but I long for the cars (style at least) from the 80's and early 90's.
    This might be a sign that we are also getting older

Rocking chairs and canes anyone?
    In Progress:
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

I don't think so. I love the styling direction that Kia has gone with the Optima, Nissan's fleet looks great, even the new Accord and to a lesser degree the Civic look amazing. All of the Fords look great now, and I even like the new Mustang. The Chevy sedans are even starting to look nice. Toyota just manages to push out some of the ugliest cars.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

^ Perhaps thats just it. I find dodge and toyota to have the fugliest offerings tbh.
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast