Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Free CAD program

A miracle has happened!

I have successfully created an actual bloody part with SolidWorks that is kind of accurate. I do however have to use bigger "parts" like designing the whole frame which might only take weeks but whatever.

It weighs approx 60lbs. I haven't gotten into stress testing but I figure that will probably be more important when I have the whole frame built.
    98 3rz 4x4 5spd- Monstalined, 99 Talls, 4.30 E-locker, Extra Lights
    In Progress:
    Tundra/Rear Disc Brakes w/parking brake
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

Wooooo!
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

I will show some more progress tomorrow but my top rack model is almost done as well. It was soon much easier to model than the tongue. I will be very interested in the results of the stress testing. With the trailer frame I discovered setting about I intelligent design?? Anyway they use a trailer frame as the example so it certainly can't hurt.
    In Progress:
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

My friend recommended this:http://www.rs-online.com/designspark...age/mechanical

He really likes it and it looks super easy. I'm going to start use it and ditch solid works for most of my design.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz View Post
    My friend recommended this:http://www.rs-online.com/designspark...age/mechanical

He really likes it and it looks super easy. I'm going to start use it and ditch solid works for most of my design.
    I can see being able to design small items but I think where these free design programs get you is not being able to design things like a roof rack or bumper that cannot be made with a 3d printer.
    In Progress:
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234