Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2016 Tacoma Teaser Pictures

Aside from the bling.. not too shabby looking...

Here's a picture of a factory Tacoma with the TRD Off-Road package:

I quite like it. I'm not a fan of the blue shown on the other Tacoma, but this off-white color with the black trim looks pretty good. I like the wheels too. I'm still not a fan of the bumper, but that can be fixed.
    Last edited by DHC6twinotter; 01-14-2015 at 10:06 PM.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

I am with you Dan, I like everything but that bumper, it reminds me a little of the chrome bar on limited edition on the newer 4runner....

I like it all except for the lights. Look too slitish.

And 3.5L? What was wrong with the 4.0L engine? It better not be down on power..
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

Quote Originally Posted by CJM View Post

And 3.5L? What was wrong with the 4.0L engine? It better not be down on power..
    Mileage. Who ever would have thought Toyota would have to up the ante to keep up with GM? The new Colorado gets 26 mpg.

Quote Originally Posted by paddlenbike View Post
    Mileage. Who ever would have thought Toyota would have to up the ante to keep up with GM? The new Colorado gets 26 mpg.
    that's just stupid. It's a truck. I'd say they should make it optional if anything

Colorado is garbage anyways n
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

At the reveal they said it was the most powerful Tacoma ever. I don't think power will be as high as the Colorado, but i would guess at least 275hp and at least as much torque as the 4.0. The current 3.5 (2GR-FSE variant) already makes more torque than the 4.0, but at 800 RPMs higher. Toyota claims this is an "all new Atkinson cycle engine", but I would assume that means a new version of the 2GR.

Does anybody know if the Atkinson cycle engines use a different cam than the Otto cycle engines? If not, and if the difference is just in tuning, I wonder how long it will be before somebody comes up with a re-tuned ECU for an Otto cycle with more HP.

Avy, I thought the exact same thing about the front bumper.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

Once I get moved into my new apartment and find all my Toyota school stuff, I will see if I can still long in and try to get some info on it from the module.

I wonder if it utilizes the head setup thats on the new 4cyl corolla uses, on top of the VVT it also has a motor in the head that moves the cam shaft side to side almost like V-tec from Honda, if thats the case yay, more parts to fail...

Quote Originally Posted by CJM View Post
    that's just stupid. It's a truck. I'd say they should make it optional if anything

Colorado is garbage anyways n
    Government regulations mostly, but probably also consumer demand. Personally, I don't mind it. I'll take better mileage.
    -------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood4x4 View Post
    Government regulations mostly, but probably also consumer demand. Personally, I don't mind it. I'll take better mileage.
    I highly suspect we are close to the peak of piston engine engineering. Mileage, power and NVH seem like they are about as good as they are going to get for a bunch of cans rattling around inside a block.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast