Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: anyone using a different oil filter like the Taurus for the 3.4 v6?

I was running the '95 Taurus filters for the past few years. However, my last oil change I went back to the 4Runner filter. My 4Runner has a coolant line that runs by the filter, and this always made the longer Taurus filter more of a pain to put in or take out.

As far as brands go, I almost always used the Purolator PureONE filters. Now that I live a block from the nicest Napa store I've ever been to, I'll probably switch to the Napa Gold filters, or just order a bunch of OEM filters from TRDparts4u.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4mike View Post
    Only advantage I saw was it was larger and easier for me to tighten and remove without a filter wrench.
    Same reason as you, Mike. I use the Napa one. Bought a case.

I hadn't seen the video posted earlier in this thread; looks like the Toyota filters are measurably better than the aftermarkets.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12