Thread: Happy New Year!!

Happy New Year!!

Happy New Year friends! Any substantial New Year's resolutions/goals for next year? I have just one--work less, spend more time with the fam enjoying life.

Happy New Year!

Mine is to generally be more healthy. Eat better, exercise more, take more vacations, etc.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Happy New Year!

Just one for this guy too. Cutting artifical sugar intake. Energy drinks are a crutch now and again but I find that I get twitchy if I go a few days with no high sugar intake. That and this is the year of paying off debt. We are both sick of it and if we can stick to our guns everything (to include college debt) could be paid off in 2 years....even with a little bit of cash for entertainment.

If I get my promotion I could be debt free in a year provided we just take the increase and toss it on debt.
    98 3rz 4x4 5spd- Monstalined, 99 Talls, 4.30 E-locker, Extra Lights
    In Progress:
    Tundra/Rear Disc Brakes w/parking brake
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

Put it towards the debt!!! I have way too much. Between student loans and being unemployed for an extended period of time, my credit cards were maxed out by the end of it. Foolish on my part certainly, but it is what it is. I've been tossing most of my pay check towards a credit card with 29.99% interest to knock that down. 4-6 months and it will be paid off completely, then I can start on the others. I did get a raise at the end of the year, it wasn't much but I am happy with it. That should help a little bit towards paying down the debt.

I have been using this:
    http://www.vertex42.com/Calculators/...alculator.html

Plug in your balances, interest rates, and minimum payment and it will calculate the best way to pay it down (least interest paid, and another of other ways to pay it down. It has kept me on track even through the holidays. I am just hoping for no surprises come tax time...
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz View Post
    Put it towards the debt!!! I have way too much. Between student loans and being unemployed for an extended period of time, my credit cards were maxed out by the end of it. Foolish on my part certainly, but it is what it is. I've been tossing most of my pay check towards a credit card with 29.99% interest to knock that down. 4-6 months and it will be paid off completely, then I can start on the others. I did get a raise at the end of the year, it wasn't much but I am happy with it. That should help a little bit towards paying down the debt.

I have been using this:
    http://www.vertex42.com/Calculators/...alculator.html

Plug in your balances, interest rates, and minimum payment and it will calculate the best way to pay it down (least interest paid, and another of other ways to pay it down. It has kept me on track even through the holidays. I am just hoping for no surprises come tax time...
    Me too on the tax time. We have some stuff to get for the kiddo #2 and a little will go towards a project or two. I still need rotors for the brake swap and some steel or a few things.

The method the wiffle and I came up with is our payment towards debt will not change from our current situation (because church mice do better than us sometimes) even when one of our debts get paid off. That way eventually our payment becomes more and more of a principle payment. Highest interest gets the biggest payment (damn CC) and then the car followed up with the student loans that I regret many days of my life (because I have yet to get a degree)

The promotion would give me a huge increase in pay. Almost 500 a month!! Sadly the promotion comes with less time with marines and more time in meetings....but it is what it is and I have started to notice keeping up with 18yr olds is getting harder than it used to be lol.
    98 3rz 4x4 5spd- Monstalined, 99 Talls, 4.30 E-locker, Extra Lights
    In Progress:
    Tundra/Rear Disc Brakes w/parking brake
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf