Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: 4th Annual UY Mojave Road Expedition - "Off The Road" Trip - March 13-15, 2014

I will finalize all of that today since it's a day off. I haven't had any chance to do it the last few weeks.

I will get the info packet ready for distribution hopefully today. Not too much to change from last time except camp sites, route, etc.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

I am barely on schedule since the weather turned to crap on me today. I am still doing the wiring on the tailgate. Will have pics up later but looks like I have a full day tomorrow to get the rack done by next weekend.

Most of my camp stuff is ready. My throne needs padding but otherwise I'm pretty well on my way. Looking forward to this and crossing my fingers leah doesn't go into labor too early. She's due the 21stish so cutting it close lol.
    98 3rz 4x4 5spd- Monstalined, 99 Talls, 4.30 E-locker, Extra Lights
    In Progress:
    Tundra/Rear Disc Brakes w/parking brake
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

Went to Colosseum Mine last weekend via a different route that we're taking in a few weeks.

We also visited the Crusty Bunny Ranch cabin.

Last edited by boyfester; 02-22-2015 at 10:51 PM.

Crusty bunny isn't habitable is it? I haven't heard of anyone keeping that one up.

No. Definitely not. There was poo everywhere! I did borrow a metal chair though since I forgot my campfire chair from home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I found some new things to work on. I did a muck about tonight since lauren has been such a street queen for a while.

My locker seems to be a little sticky? It will engage just fine but likes washboard to when I try to unlock. If I try reverse or just letting the truck roll it will not unlock. I did accidentally drive on a bit of pavement but that couldn't have put a bind on the locker I don't think.

My air filter likes to come apart and it kills the engine. It's just a loose rubber fitting but something to fix anyway.

I have a grill to modify. Some nice person was tossing a perfectly good charcoal grill out. Kinda small but it can go on the roof rack easy.

My interior needs to go back in lol.

I need to finish my led lights too

I need to do the springs and shocks.

That about does it! I have some custom emblems if I get around to them but that's a back burner.
    In Progress:
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

Tonight I will reinstall door seals and swap projectors into new housings and hopefully get some of the front end wired up.

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Ordered some springs and a ham radio! Trying to find a testing facility but I'm not completely sure it's gonna happen before the trip.
    In Progress:
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

YAY! I don't think I will have my mobile unit in the truck by the time of the trip, plus my antenna mounts to the roof rack which is... yeah. So I will be rollin' the Baofengs. I'll get info posted up tomorrow night. Working on my headlights now, what a pain...

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz View Post
    YAY! I don't think I will have my mobile unit in the truck by the time of the trip, plus my antenna mounts to the roof rack which is... yeah. So I will be rollin' the Baofengs. I'll get info posted up tomorrow night. Working on my headlights now, what a pain...
    These little leds are bright and all but the wiring is a pain. Next testing session anywhere near me is on the 14th. You have a pm.
    In Progress:
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast