Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: 4th Annual UY Mojave Road Expedition - "Off The Road" Trip - March 13-15, 2014

The apple pie came out a shade strong, but with the threat of marines coming along, I didn't want to appear air force.

Quote Originally Posted by troyboy162 View Post
    The apple pie came out a shade strong, but with the threat of marines coming along, I didn't want to appear air force.
    ^This made my morning!

It might still happen. Even if it is just for a day I haven't had shine in a long long time. It's more prevalent on the east coast.

Kinda reminds me of when we trained with the royal marines on lejeune. We had a bbq that allowed alcohol (300 U.S. Marines + 500 U.K. Marines = MP's showing up with a bus and riot gear)
    In any case one of our guys was from Tennessee and so we introduced a couple of them to shine.....the results were amazingly funny 30 minutes later. To be fair we warned them not to take more than 3 shots but just like jarheads they pushed the red button anyway.
    98 3rz 4x4 5spd- Monstalined, 99 Talls, 4.30 E-locker, Extra Lights
    In Progress:
    Tundra/Rear Disc Brakes w/parking brake
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

This is cheater stuff. I just make it with ever clear 190 proof. Its basicly rubbing alcohol that hasn't been denatured lol.
    Who's idea was it to have a 800 strong BBQ with booze? I wouldn't even trust the girl scouts with those odds hah.

Quote Originally Posted by troyboy162 View Post
    This is cheater stuff. I just make it with ever clear 190 proof. Its basicly rubbing alcohol that hasn't been denatured lol.
    Who's idea was it to have a 800 strong BBQ with booze? I wouldn't even trust the girl scouts with those odds hah.
    Who knows but it was a great time. The downfall was someone brought their fiancé.......one punch turned into 12....and yeah then it snowballed. Since they held it in french creek at the bricks what happened is the occupants of 6 other barracks and their duties came out either participating or trying to stop it.....and participating.
    98 3rz 4x4 5spd- Monstalined, 99 Talls, 4.30 E-locker, Extra Lights
    In Progress:
    Tundra/Rear Disc Brakes w/parking brake
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Yep. I'll be driving from Orange County on Thursday night after work and am staying at a motel in Barstow. See you on Friday morning. Just confirming that you'll bring any extra radio for me.

Any of you know if plastic Scepter gas cans leak if mounted horizontally? I am going to mount horizontal while empty but wondering if I can do the same when full.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are a crap shoot. My MWC will leak if on there side

Quote Originally Posted by boyfester View Post

Any of you know if plastic Scepter gas cans leak if mounted horizontally? I am going to mount horizontal while empty but wondering if I can do the same when full.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's a crap shoot. If anything test it out now. Last year I filled up my metal 5 gallon can and ran it on it's side on the roof for about a day and a half with no leaks. I tested it for a week on it's side in my garage so I knew it had a chance. I'm not sure if you're talking about the MFC Scepters but if so, perhaps they can be drip free with a new gasket and tight. If it's the CARB models there is a chance if you get the cap on just right. Again test it out.

i should be heading out really early friday morning to meet you guys at 9am.

i only have ~6 gallon of extra fuel. would this be enough
    88 4Runner LT
    04 Tundra

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast