Thread: taking a chance on Cquence brake rotors.

taking a chance on Cquence brake rotors.

Almost immediately after going long travel I warped my rotors. They have been on the truck for 6 years and 55k miles so I cant complain. Along with the spirited driving came the 15" rims and I noticed the rims them selves would always be warm to the touch. Turns out the dust shield makes damn near a seal on the inside of the rim and limited the amount of cooling the rotors can get. Sooo I'm trying some cross drilled rotors that review well and dont break the bank.

I will come back and update this if anything goes south, but right off the bat, I've seen thicker rotors before. These are just 22mm thick. For $42 each I am not shocked and stock rotors are supposed to be only 20mm, so I guess I am still ahead of the game. They have 3 different grades by the way and I got the cheapest since the others had slots.

Last edited by troyboy162; 01-10-2015 at 12:42 AM.

Be curious to see how you like these.
    I myself went with slotted rotors, they were great but because to thin, I went back to solid because I was in a time crunch and man what a difference, I miss the slotted rotors already.

I put slotted rotors on the Camry as well and def a huge difference, with both vehicles having disc front and drum rear with the drum being useless imho, the front def handles braking demand better.

I've only got about 15 miles on them so far, but there is no weird noises or any pulses that I can feel from the holes. I think the sloted rotors might be a different story. The pads themselves seem to have a little less grip then my old ones. I actually see that as a bonus since it evens out braking duty with the crappy rear better. I dont put that many miles on the truck so I wont be a good test mule, but I will report back if they have issues.

Little over a year later and they are slightly warped. Not enough to worry about, but I can feel it sometimes in slow braking. I havnt driven it that hard with them either so I can't say these discs represent a value. I will stay with ceramic pads though. They still help even out the braking front to rear it feels like.

Did you ever get rid of the backing plates or did you keep those in place?

I kept those in place to help keep junk out of the wheels. The calipers are just a hair from the rim so I weighed out the pro/cons and decided to keep the poor cooling situation. I'd forgotten about that...could be a large contribution to this warp

More holes. Less surface for pad to grip. Less grip less heat but more braking required.
    88 4Runner LT
    04 Tundra

ever tried ceramic pads? I figure the less grip comes from them, but this is my first pair of ceramics I think I have ever put on a vehicle. Organics have varied in grip for me a bit from pair to pair, but this was a pretty large difference moving to this pad/disc combo.