Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 4th gen roof rack

Nice load you've got there. I was able to take my Fish Cat 4 out for a spin yesterday. It's a similar float with the large foam pieces which I prefer. I like being a little higher for casting and it's a plus when the water is cold.

You fish?! Where were you all those years ago when we did the YT mammoth trip? I was the only one out there fishing.

Prior to this tube, I had a Caddis navigator IV that I used for years, but it finally got some holes in the tubes so I used that as an excuse to get a new one. I liked that tube because it was really light and compact. This new one also has some big foam for the seat and the back rest which is good and bad. The thing doesn't squish down as compact as my old one and it probably weighs twice as much. But it does keep me out of the water more.
    -------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

Yep. I'd say it's about 50/50 fly and spinning. I do enjoy some solo float tubing but with the kids I've been doing a lot of crank baiting. Both kids have had poles since the age of one and by two were able to kind of cast. They are now 3 and 6 and have it down. Their attention spans are shorter than mine so it's just messing around kind of fishing but with water outside of our door it's a quick fun activity.

On Monday the boy and I headed up to some higher lakes in the South Lake Tahoe area and enjoyed some dirt roads and quiet lakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaydee914 View Post
    I had a lot of wind noise with my rack and found a couple of solutions. Similar to Robinhood, I used a piece of styrene between the front of my rack and the first cross bar. I have a mesh rack and simply covered that entire section, and the noise is gone. What also helps is to look at your side rails and find the small arrows. If you can move the front of the rack back to this point, your noise should be gone - tougher with full-length racks, of course.
    Can you take a picture of the styrene that you're talking about? I can't see it in any of the videos that I shot at Cleghorn since your light bar is in the front. I get quite a bit of wind noise at highway speeds with the Yakima rack even with the plastic dam in the front.

Yeah, I'll take a picture today and post it for you.

One more reason for having a flat roof rack! You never know when you're going to have to help a friend move a giant cabinet across town.

-------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

My next one will be flat for sure.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood4x4 View Post
    One more reason for having a flat roof rack! You never know when you're going to have to help a friend move a giant cabinet across town.

Still looks like it did the job well though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
    98 3rz 4x4 5spd- Monstalined, 99 Talls, 4.30 E-locker, Extra Lights
    In Progress:
    Tundra/Rear Disc Brakes w/parking brake
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234