Thread: The most epic of epic sleeping mats

The most epic of epic sleeping mats

Hi guys,

This might get my dormant ass out camping again. I share with you, the most epic glamping camp mat ever created: the Exped Mega Mat 10 sleeping mat.

So I went to REI for their after holiday sale (what a mad house---like LAX on Christmas Eve) and was trying to make my way to the sleeping bag section. I lost my footing b/c some a-hole left something on the floor which I tripped on. My somewhat stumbling fall was broken on a low, long table where you can try out the camp mats. On it was the Cadillac (Ok, I meant Lexus) of all camp mats, the Exped Mega Mat 10. Man, this thing felt like a cloud. I cleared off all the shit off of it, laid on it in front of the line of people and I'm sure they saw the delight on my face.

Girlfriend bought me a $200 Amazon gift card and found a seller. No tax and free shipping. Amazon, I luff you.

Here's the mat:

http://www.rei.com/product/812005/ex...0-sleeping-pad

REI description (with slight modification):

- The Exped Mega Mat 10 sleeping pad is mega big and mega warm. It's like sleeping on Jabba the Hutt...or the girl from Precious
    - Ideal for car camping, the 4 in. of padding gives you amazing insulation with an R-value of 9.5 (whatever R value means)

I'll be needing this mat soon enough for my future move when I jettison the old marriage bedroom furniture next month.

Now I will have to say that I do have a camping cot and some really good Campmor camp mats, but this totally blew me away. Can't wait to sleep on it again. If good, I'll have to buy another one for the girlfriend.

Wait, I need to move her out from NY first. Nevermind...for now.
    Attached Images Attached Images