My son and I utilized the New Year's holiday for a camping trip with our new 4Runner Trail. We ventured out to Anza Borrego Desert State Park and got a surprise with some snow in Temecula, Warner Springs, and Ranchita on the way out. The furnace in our tent trailer got a workout as we went through 1.5 propane tanks because of the cold weather.

Lots of iron sculptures in and around ABDSP

Visited Font's Point at sunset

Casting long shadows at sunrise. That's frost on our truck.

This is in Split Mountain

This is called the Anticline

This picture is in Loop Wash.

This is in Sandstone Canyon.

We hiked to the Wind Caves on the way back (also in Split Mtn).

Cool wind caves along Fish Creek

This is the Borrego Sink. We got stuck a couple of times but the locking rear differential got us out with no issues, even with the stock tires.

The next day we headed to the Calcite Mine. We tried out the crawl control and it worked superbly but this was as far as I was willing to go. The 4Runner began to teeter on 3 wheels over towards the Palm Slot Canyon below on the left-side and freaked me out. I decided to back up and save this for another day.

The next day we headed to Coyote Canyon. There were some short rocky sections to get to Sheep Canyon and the 4Runner handled them with ease.

Here is a barrel cactus who kindly held my hat.

My son scrambling over some of the huge boulders in Cougar Canyon. Lots of waterfalls here.

Our last night at camp with an almost full moon.

We woke up early and headed to the Pumpkin Patch. This is along the Arroyo Salado trail.