Thread: Time to get your campfire permit!

Time to get your campfire permit!

http://www.preventwildfireca.org/Campfire-Permit/

Watch the short video, take the quiz, print it out.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz View Post
    http://www.preventwildfireca.org/Campfire-Permit/

Watch the short video, take the quiz, print it out.
    Really? I guess I assume that it's common sense to make a pit if there isn't one but I guess common sense is not so common.

Thanks for the heads up and the link.
    98 3rz 4x4 5spd- Monstalined, 99 Talls, 4.30 E-locker, Extra Lights
    In Progress:
    Tundra/Rear Disc Brakes w/parking brake
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

You would think...

Also, making a new fire pit in a place like Mojave National Preserve is highly frowned upon, and actually might be illegal. You are always to use an existing fire ring.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz View Post
    You would think...

Also, making a new fire pit in a place like Mojave National Preserve is highly frowned upon, and actually might be illegal. You are always to use an existing fire ring.
    This is where I kinda scratch my head. I believe they have tightened the rules too tightly if you cannot have a fire while camping in a place that doesn't have a pit.

But then again I would either bury the put or destroy it before I left the area. I understand if the reason they don't want you to make a fire put is there will be fire pits everywhere.

This also ties into my thinking on several western states being more than 50% national park.
    98 3rz 4x4 5spd- Monstalined, 99 Talls, 4.30 E-locker, Extra Lights
    In Progress:
    Tundra/Rear Disc Brakes w/parking brake
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf