Thread: Free Thule stuff

Cool Free Thule stuff

Hey guys,

I'm moving and I have some Thule stuff to give away. If you are a member on this forum, you get preference over some random person from who knows where.

Thule Cargo box (not sure model) - its about the length of a 3rd gen roof. Perfect size. It's been well used but has developed some microcracks and a crack or two. I was in the process of repairing them, but life got in the way. Last time I took it out I went skiing and nothing got soaked. However, the rear hinge plastic started to crack and it ended up being more of a problem to have it loose and broken, so out came the dremel and it got cut off. Ironically, it closes and shuts much better now :P I purchased that canned spray sealer stuff, I haven't put it on and I dont want to. But I'll give the can to you and you can spray the inside of it to ensure 100% water tightness. I think I might have some semi-gloss black paint that I used on a portion of it to make it look better. It does.

Thule gutter mount feet - These are perfect for 1st gen 4runners or the older Landcruisers with gutter rails. The model is Thule 1050. Of note, these are the tall ones that give you plenty of clearance. They are OLD and were given to me by a friend. Some have the lock cores as you can see but NO keys. I'll try to get them out (the lock cores), but I checked with Thule and they don't make these lock core keys anymore. So you'll have to buy a set of lock cores. They're about $50 shipped via Amazon (544's)

I will throw in the Thule load bar too. I have the longer ones

The deal:

- Preference for forum members who are fairly active

- You must pick up at my apartment in Rancho Cucamonga. No meeting halfway bull pucky. On that note, I remember I was giving away some pet hair trimmers for free on Craigslist. This guy in South orange county pleaded for me to meet him halfway. I said that's about as much in gas as these things are worth. He said "yeah, but I'm taking them off your hands!". Another one of my favorites: this guy wanted my free couch. He said he'd bring a friend over to pick it up at a time that was conveneint for both of us. He didn't show, so I called him up. He then says "Hey man, I don't have a car...could you deliver the couch for me? I'm a poor college student...do you need bike parts?"

Bottom line: if you're an unreasonable, hard to reach, flakey person, don't waste my time

- 6 pack of Heineken (bottles) will be greatly appreciated, but not required esp. if you are under 21

You have a pm
    98 3rz 4x4 5spd- Monstalined, 99 Talls, 4.30 E-locker, Extra Lights
    In Progress:
    Tundra/Rear Disc Brakes w/parking brake
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

Quote Originally Posted by Kryptoroxx View Post
    You have a pm
    Replied, see PMP

lol, I found another old set of Thule feet for gutters. These are standard height. No bars though, just the feet.

Kryptoroxx,

I responded via PM. It's yours to pick up this weekend. Check my PM. Thanks, Bob

Hey I appreciate it and so does battlewagon. He will be home soon so the surprise will be nice.
    In Progress:
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

Not to hijack, but would battlewagon be interested in Mojave?
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz View Post
    Not to hijack, but would battlewagon be interested in Mojave?
    That depends a lot on what's going on with the family at the time. I mentioned it to him and he does want to go I am sure of it. He also is dying to wrench on the runner lol.
    In Progress:
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

Thule stuff picked up. Nice meeting you, John. Please send the address via text and I'll send you the keys once I get them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob98SR5 View Post
    Thule stuff picked up. Nice meeting you, John. Please send the address via text and I'll send you the keys once I get them.
    it was great meeting you too Bob. Fair winds and following seas for your endeavors and you will get a text soon. Chowing down at Gyu-Kaku currently.
    In Progress:
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf