Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New CA smog check

Quote Originally Posted by arjan View Post

I guess all the guys that took of the emission controls of their diesels can now start putting them back on...
    Nothing tickles me more than the thought of all the dumbass douchebags that spent thousands to make their trucks capable of 'rolling coal', having to reverse their modifications.

Quote Originally Posted by paddlenbike View Post
    Nothing tickles me more than the thought of all the dumbass douchebags that spent thousands to make their trucks capable of 'rolling coal', having to reverse their modifications.
    It does kinda make ya chuckle doesn't it? When we talk about having a few thousand in our trucks usually it's spread out but not on a diesel. Those parts are really pricy!
    98 3rz 4x4 5spd- Monstalined, 99 Talls, 4.30 E-locker, Extra Lights
    In Progress:
    Tundra/Rear Disc Brakes w/parking brake
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/05/13/r...in-new-jersey/

Amazing to see that Jersey passed this. Good for them, and hopefully it spreads!
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

I hate Diesels that roll coal, but I also hate all the emissions BS that they put on them.
    Newer diesels are actually getting worse MPG then the older counter parts, a lot of friends who have upgraded to newer trucks are wishing they would have just spent the money and fixed the nickle and dime old ones.
    Its has also driven up the cost of older diesels because everyone wants them (its like the 1st gen Taomca's and Tundra's)

My old neighbor has a 2000 Ford F250 4x4 crew cab diesel with 300k that needs a little body work, the other day he was offered 10k for his truck.

Watching some of the diesels come through the prices are just ridiculous....

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz View Post
    http://www.autoblog.com/2015/05/13/r...in-new-jersey/

Amazing to see that Jersey passed this. Good for them, and hopefully it spreads!
    5k! Wow but I gotta say it's probably a good thing. I see guys do it on base and they're a bunch of asshats. For example they will turn left all of a sudden if they see windows rolled down in a vehicle.
    Quote Originally Posted by YotaFun View Post
    I hate Diesels that roll coal, but I also hate all the emissions BS that they put on them.
    Newer diesels are actually getting worse MPG then the older counter parts, a lot of friends who have upgraded to newer trucks are wishing they would have just spent the money and fixed the nickle and dime old ones.
    Its has also driven up the cost of older diesels because everyone wants them (its like the 1st gen Taomca's and Tundra's)

My old neighbor has a 2000 Ford F250 4x4 crew cab diesel with 300k that needs a little body work, the other day he was offered 10k for his truck.

Watching some of the diesels come through the prices are just ridiculous....
    I agree. I really hate the regulation because it's unneeded....but I also hate the butt holes that feel the need to roll coal.
    In Progress:
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

As you probably have heard, the coal rollers target cars like my Nissan Leaf. I've had it happen enough to know when they are staging themselves to try it on me, and luckily the LEAF is a whole lot quicker than they are, so they end up having to put their little peepees away when they get smoked by a tiny mouse car running on rechargeable batteries.

Quote Originally Posted by paddlenbike View Post
    As you probably have heard, the coal rollers target cars like my Nissan Leaf. I've had it happen enough to know when they are staging themselves to try it on me, and luckily the LEAF is a whole lot quicker than they are, so they end up having to put their little peepees away when they get smoked by a tiny mouse car running on rechargeable batteries.
    Lol they have to compensate for something
    In Progress:
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12