Thread: Hose Clamp Mounts

Hose Clamp Mounts

I need a little help with an idea I have. I'm looking for a readily available hose clamp mount, of sorts. I'm tossing some ideas around for an OBA tank and want to mount it to the frame of the 4Runner. For ease of install and maintenance I think that hose clamping the tank to the frame would be easiest but I desire some type of tab I could possibly weld to the frame then run the hose clamps through.

I thought Ruff Stuff and others carried something like it but I can't seem to find what I'm looking for (read:cheap). The diameter of the tank is roughly 3.5" and it's very light so there isn't much need for over built parts. The tank is aluminum so I can't weld to it.

This is what I've found so far

Look for shock reservoir mounts. I will see what I can dig up.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

I found some but they didn't fit the ticket. Either they were $$$, not metal, too small in diameter or all of the above. I can make something but would love to pick something up at Home Depot or similar. They don't need to be very big either. I'd like to keep the tank close to the frame and for the most part the tank will cover the mount so it doesn't matter what it looks like.

I didn't snap a picture but there happens to be two holes (two differenet sizes) in the frame in the general area but I think it will look pretty hokie and not hold the tank very well over time if I just looped the clamps through the hole.

maybe something like this. can modified to work?
    https://www.google.com/search?q=fire...mount&tbm=shop
    88 4Runner LT
    04 Tundra

Good idea. Well my tank is a modified fire extinguisher and while it doesn't have a bracket I'm sure I could get one. I just want something low profile and non conspicuous looking. As it is my York compressor always raises questions during Smog checks. I can just imagine what a vessel strapped to my frame with hoses and wires coming from it will raise.

One comment--I would use higher quality hose clamps. I have a couple of these laying around from my Supra days if you'd like to try them.

They provide more even clamping pressure and generally will hold up better.

Thanks. I have some nice US made ones but we'll see. The body isn't super thick and I don't want to dent or bend it by tightening it too much. Hence the need for a nice mount.