Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Coyote flats late June/early July

I'm down for big bear run. I never been. I may do coyote flats next year. My summer time weekends are mainly set for pismo to get out of the valley heat.
    Last edited by toyotech; 03-23-2015 at 09:35 PM.
    88 4Runner LT
    04 Tundra

I'll put together a decent big bear run. Something not John Bull but not fire roads either.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Yea John bull is a tough trail. Need either SAS with 33/ or ifs and 35s
    88 4Runner LT
    04 Tundra

It didnt used to be. I think we might have been 33 open/open with just sliders the first time we went. Each year it gets more eroaded though. Its exponential as well lol...As soon as it becomes challenging, then the buggies and 37" tires come chew it up.

I've been thru I think 3 times. First was open/open, no armor on 33's. No body damage, but I needed a few tugs. Did it with a rear locker and sliders 2 more times, one with body damage due to a bad spotter. I have heard it is much worse in spots and much better in others.

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Went through in 2013 with a buddy in his jeep. Rear locker, sliders, and 33s but we didn't scrape as I recall. All terrain tires were more his issue and that was just once. A locker is definitely required though. There was a similar jeep with mud terrains that just couldn't hack it in multiple spots due to a lack of locker.
    98 3rz 4x4 5spd- Monstalined, 99 Talls, 4.30 E-locker, Extra Lights
    In Progress:
    Tundra/Rear Disc Brakes w/parking brake
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

heres what I am looking into... The dark blue track is the high altitude run we took a few years ago. The red track is a bunch of trails that I cant find much info on, but might be open. You can clearly see from the map that this is unexplored territory so falling off the side of the earth or encountering dragons is highly possible. I remember thinking this area was closed when I researched years ago, but it looks like people have taken pictures in 2014 with side by sides. Its sizable are we havnt covered so I hope we can check it out.

I'll bring the buckshot and a strong magnet just in case. Dragon steaks sound delicious!

I'm game as long as there isn't too much off camber stuff.

Depending on the weekend, I'd love to make this trip again. I can't do June 27 or July 4, but I'll be watching this thread...

I gotta figure out when the heck I can get out of here, if those dates dont work the next I could do would be july 17.

also the optional back route departure looks like a go. Just have to avoid the red trail

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast